July 2012 Weddings
Options

RSVP Postcard

The posting on labels made me remember a question I had for you ladies. 
We are working on getting the invites together, and I am wondering if theres an etiqutte thing about the RSVP cards. 
Can the RSVP just be postcard style? Or is that tacky? I had a friend do this; it was a tear-off at the bottom of her invites. 
*to clarify, the RSVP would be one side, and the back would have our address and stamp and place for return address. Our STDs were also postcards. 
Is there a specific reason for the envelopes? 
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: RSVP Postcard

• Options
    We're doing RSVP postcards. I can't imagine anything etiquette wise that makes them bad, I think some people just like the formality of an envelope. 

Also my FSIL is so paranoid about mail. She shreds envelops with her name and address on them before she throws them away. Our STDs were set up like postcards and she told us to put them in envelopes for privacy reasons. I told her I wanted them to be postcards, that was part of the fun of them. I didn't understand what could possibly be on there that she was worried about? Anyway, I'm guessing she might have a snide remark about my RSVP postcards, but that's ok with me.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have seen quite a few people do RSVPs as postcards. Like Meagan said, I think it is just a formality thing - it will seem a bit more casual to guests to mail back a postcard, but I don't think that is a problem at all (unless your wedding is super formal).

Meagan, WTF is wrong with your FSIL?? I have never heard of anyone being paranoid about having a postcard with her address on it. I mean, an envelope has her address on it too.....is she afraid her postman is going to figure out where she lives or something?
  • Options
    We're doing postcards, too.  It also saves a little on postage. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_rsvp-postcard?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:fbdfa5ed-e437-4c90-9028-ddabff914c1bPost:83de6401-1285-4744-a2e6-d894621348ae">Re: RSVP Postcard</a>:
    [QUOTE]IMeagan, WTF is wrong with your FSIL?? I have never heard of anyone being paranoid about having a postcard with her address on it. I mean, an envelope has her address on it too.....is she afraid her postman is going to figure out where she lives or something?<div>Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]</div><div>
    </div><div>lol she's beyond paranoid. She gives all her magazines from subscriptions to my other FSIL when she's done with them. But first, she cuts out her address from them. FSIL2 and I were like WTF? All it has on it is your name and address! That's public info anyway!

</div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I think RSVP postcards are so cute! I don't think there's anything wrong with them etiquette wise. I think I like the idea of a separate RSVP postcard rather than something you tear off at the bottom of the invite, but that's just my opinion. 
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I originally wanted to do RSVP postcards because I would love to use less paper for the evironment's sake and because they are cheaper, but our invitation was too formal to use a postcard. I don't think they are tacky at all. Just the opposite, fun and cute. And since they are more common now, no one will think it's too "untraditional" to receive one if that is a concern for you.
  • Options
    I hadnt even thought of doing this but now I totally am going to do postcards for our RSVP's!  I think they will fit in nicely with our invitations and now I dont have to worry about envelopes!  Yay!  
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_rsvp-postcard?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:fbdfa5ed-e437-4c90-9028-ddabff914c1bPost:8bc9eea9-a865-4c68-9de2-94d89c7fe6f9">Re: RSVP Postcard</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: RSVP Postcard : lol she's beyond paranoid. She gives all her magazines from subscriptions to my other FSIL when she's done with them. But first, she cuts out her address from them. FSIL2 and I were like WTF? All it has on it is your name and address! That's public info anyway!
    Posted by MeaganR12[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA! That's the strangest thing I've ever heard! My mom is pretty paranoid and shreds a lot of her personal mail. But I'm talking bank, credit card, social security number kind of stuff. Lol but what does she think anyone could possibly do with just her name and address? Soo weird haha

As for the RSVP postcards, we're doing this. Like PPs said, I don't see where tacky would fit in. It might be less formal but that doesnt make it tacky. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards