Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Wine?

I need some help with the amount of wine I should buy for my wedding. We are having about 100 guests, and I have no idea how much to buy. We are also having liquor and beer, along with a hot cocoa bar with coordinating liquors. So how many bottles of wine should I buy, if any? Also, since I don't personally drink wine, any suggestions for the types I should buy?

Thanks guys!!!

Re: Wine?

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We bought our own alcohol for our wedding. We had beer, wine and a signature drink.

There is a very large wine store near our home, they have a "wine manager" who we consulted with. We gave him details on our guest list (ie 30 wine drinkers), length of reception, and average price per bottle we spended ($10). We told him our menu so we could get wines that matched it.

Their wine inventory was VERY extensive, and after about 45 minutes of walking through their location with the wine manager, we walked out with 24 bottles for $220. We had a mix of reds & whites, 2 dessert wines, and I think 7 bottles of champagne.........which no one drank! They loved the other wines so much, we still have 4 bottles of champagne left.

I'd recommend finding a similar location in your area. It's nice to have someone to trust.
  • Abby10101Abby10101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You know what would be great in wine? These Beatiful Cranberry Garnishes! I recently tried these fabulous cranberry garnishes! Stunning in champagne and wine! Sweet & delicious! Impress your guests by serving something beautiful and elegant! Beautiful red color!

http://loungeattire.com/drink/

• edited December 2011

Thanks! I really appreciate your suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards