Christian Weddings
Options

XP: A laugh for my music knotties...

It seems like there are a lot of musical folk on this board... This emphasizes the importance of diction!  It reminds me a lot of our congregational hymns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-ZnPE3G_YY

Enjoy...

Re: XP: A laugh for my music knotties...

• Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    HAH!  That was great.  And I can't figure out what the actual song is.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha- too funny! thanks for sharing! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha hilarious!!  I tried listening to the real words but I only got Heaven once and loins lol.

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That was really funny. I'm half deaf, so reading lips in conjunction with the subtitles made it really interesting. ;)

I've never heard the actual song before this, but it's Blessed City, Heavenly Salem.

"Blessed city, heavenly Salem, vision dear of peace and love, who of living stones art builded in the height of heaven above, and, with angel hosts encircled, as a bride dost earthward move; from celestial realms descending, bridal glory round thee shed, meet for him whose love espoused thee, to thy Lord shalt thou be led; all thy streets and all thy bulwarks of pure gold are fashioned."

Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I don't think I've heard that one before, but that's HILARIOUS!!! :-)

On a similar note, we were rehearsing a song in choir a few weeks ago and well, the vocal teacher in me is sitting there going "it's not baddle, it's battle" and "are we really singing about beer?" (till we meade again?)  Anyway, I couldn't help myself, and I asked the choir director if he was okay with us singing about beer, and he looks dumbfounded, and was like what do you mean?  Well, meade is a kind of beer.  Meet is when you see someone.  Which one do you want?  Anyway... the choir started paying more attention to their consonant sounds ... it can make ALL the difference in the world! 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hehehe. this made me giggle.
  • Options
    twixinthemixtwixinthemix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh how I wish I could show this to my students, but it's not QUITE appropriate!!  Diction is so hard to teach young kids sometimes!  I had a choir festival yesterday with 3rd graders through high schoolers, and my word, the guest conductor (who's very well known in Chicago) had the HARDEST time getting them to articulate!!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
    hide
    Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
    "And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards