June 2012 Weddings

Re-cap and some pictures

So we got married on Saturday and it was fantastic! Really there were almost no issues.
Points of interest--not even bad stuff necessarily.

-We were VERY concerned that it was going to be a sweatfest. Forecast was for almost 90 degrees when the ceremony was supposed to happen (ceremony outside, reception indoors). Thankfully there was a good amount of cloud cover and a pretty strong breeze that kept everyone cool. Even the groomsmen and H were fine in their tuxes.  The clouds ended up being great for pictures because people aren't really squinting.

-The breeze was good and bad. Our ceremony site is very beautiful and didn't need much dressing up so the only thing we had going for flowers was these 2 big side pieces that were supposed to go up on these pillars. FI saw them and immediately dismissed them from going on the pillars because it became obvious that with the wind they'd blow off. So they got moved to the ground (fine) but they still blew off and broke. We were supposed to return the vases to the florist so we'll see what the fall-out is from this. In our defense, the flowers/vases weren't weighted at all. I hope we don't have to pay them lots of money. They ended up tying them up to the structure at the site.

-I was disappointed by dinner. Let me clarify, dinner was awesome but I could barely eat. I had a corset dress and after the salad course I figured out that my dress did not give me room to expand so I barely got to eat my fabulous dinner. This made me sad :(

-We had the head table lined up with candles. People kept coming up to us at dinner. 1 lady went to give H a hug and her shirt literally went into the candle holder and was in the flame. I had to push her away (she's in a cast and on crutches lol) so she didn't catch fire. HA!

-Best part of the day, hands-down, was the ceremony and seeing H. We were both crying..I started to lose it even before my processional and my dad had to talk to me the whole time. I was almost to H and I had to stop on a stair and said " Okay I'm good!" to everyone and I sucked it up and stopped crying (well for the most part).

June 16, 2012

Re: Re-cap and some pictures

• I love the last picture. :)
    Hooray for some cloud coverage, too!
    I am nervous about not being about to eat either! I am thinking of loosening up the corset a tad to eat. Probably won't, but its a nice thought.

Congrats Mrs!

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • awww...so glad you had an awesome day (minus the wind and flame situations!) the pics are amazing! congrats!!
  • HaHa - the flame situation, thanks, needed that giggle...You look gorgeous, love the dress.  I agree, the clouds do help w/ squinting - something I am worried about for my big day (my eyes are sensitive to the sun).  I am glad everything went well.  Congrats to both of you!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_re-cap-and-some-pictures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:862e2dbd-3420-40c2-b9ce-3b9985012119Post:ba124518-097a-4ce0-a207-61b3d23f17fd">Re: Re-cap and some pictures</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love the last picture. :) Hooray for some cloud coverage, too! I am nervous about not being about to eat either! <strong>I am thinking of loosening up the corset a tad to eat.</strong> Probably won't, but its a nice thought. Congrats Mrs!
    Posted by peachykeen26[/QUOTE]

Really not a bad idea if you have a little time before dinner.
    June 16, 2012
  • edited June 2012
    Congrats!! The photos look great. Your dress is beautiful
  • Loved the re-cap!  I'm so glad that your day was beautiful!  I hope that they boxed up the food for you!  You look gorgeous, congratulations:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TeepTeep member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Absolutely beautiful! Congrats! I had a corset dress too, but didn't have any trouble eating. It was a size too big though, so even though it was tied as tightly as it could, I still had some room.
  • Wow! How pretty!  Love the way the clouds look in the pics too!
  • Well perhaps I will have a little room to eat dinner. I cannot wait for the crawfish pies....they sound delicious!
    When I bought my dress, I was 22 pounds heavier. It is a corset dress so it still fits but it has to be laced up tightly where you can barely see the strings. I intend on losing about another 15 pounds after the wedding.
    Your pics are great by the way!! I am hoping my last few days leading up to the day get easier. I am really hoping the day of goes smoothly and looks beauiful. I didnt order flowers to be put on the grounds because I was already at 2000 dollars for the florist bill. I hope the venue doesn't look too naked. I will have aisle chair decorations and centerpieces. The only flowers will be the bouquets for me and my bridesmaids. The venue did come with some sago palms in the background free of charge.
  • Congratulations! I'm glad you had such a great day!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You look like you had a fantastic time! congratulations, you were a beautiful bride :
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Congrats!!

Great pictures. Love the flowers.
  • Eeek!!! So gorgeous!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What a grogeous day! I'm glad everything went well. CONGRATS
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kipnuskipnus member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Congrats! I love your yellow flowers and your photos are gorgeous!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_re-cap-and-some-pictures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:862e2dbd-3420-40c2-b9ce-3b9985012119Post:6ef9c27a-510f-4f2b-90a9-6f08f90262f6">Re-cap and some pictures</a>:
    [QUOTE]So we got married on Saturday and it was fantastic! Really there were almost no issues. Points of interest--not even bad stuff necessarily. -We were VERY concerned that it was going to be a sweatfest. Forecast was for almost 90 degrees when the ceremony was supposed to happen (ceremony outside, reception indoors). Thankfully there was a good amount of cloud cover and a pretty strong breeze that kept everyone cool. Even the groomsmen and H were fine in their tuxes.  The clouds ended up being great for pictures because people aren't really squinting. -The breeze was good and bad. Our ceremony site is very beautiful and didn't need much dressing up so the only thing we had going for flowers was these 2 big side pieces that were supposed to go up on these pillars. FI saw them and immediately dismissed them from going on the pillars because it became obvious that with the wind they'd blow off. So they got moved to the ground (fine) but they still blew off and broke. We were supposed to return the vases to the florist so we'll see what the fall-out is from this. In our defense, the flowers/vases weren't weighted at all. I hope we don't have to pay them lots of money. They ended up tying them up to the structure at the site. -I was disappointed by dinner. Let me clarify, dinner was awesome but I could barely eat. I had a corset dress and after the salad course I figured out that my dress did not give me room to expand so I barely got to eat my fabulous dinner. This made me sad :( -We had the head table lined up with candles. People kept coming up to us at dinner. 1 lady went to give H a hug and her shirt literally went into the candle holder and was in the flame. I had to push her away (she's in a cast and on crutches lol) so she didn't catch fire. HA! -Best part of the day, hands-down, was the ceremony and seeing H. We were both crying..I started to lose it even before my processional and my dad had to talk to me the whole time. I was almost to H and I had to stop on a stair and said " Okay I'm good!" to everyone and I sucked it up and stopped crying (well for the most part).
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

Your pics are fantastic, I can't wait to get mine back, I should have them the end of this week. You look stunning. Congratulations!
  • So glad you had a great day!  You guys look so happy.  Congratulations Smile
  • Great pictures!!! Your first one is one of my fav's!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards