Destination Weddings Discussions

Favorite Friday

Happy Friday ladies! This is our weekly post where we talk about our favorite things both WR and NWR from the past week! Have a great weekend!!
~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary

Re: Favorite Friday

• jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    WR~ I don't think I did anything WR this week. I did get an actual quote for my hair and makeup. I'm sticking with the salon I originally booked. They will save me $50 and I'm looking to save for that expensive intimate dinner I booked. $140 is for hair and makeup including false eyelashes. I may get them if they don't feel funny. NWR~ I picked out my MOH dress for my sisters wedding, thank god that's done! Nothing else really exciting happened this week.....but this weekend...getting my party on!!
  • Happy Friday!!!

WR: This week was busy for me, I designed my invitations and RSVPs and ordered my bottles, boxes and shells. I also bought some parchment paper. And 2 couples made their resort reservations! YAY!

NWR: I've been sticking to my WW points and working out.I'm proud of myself! Hopefully I'll see results soon. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hope you have an awesome Bday weekend Jenn!

WR - I didn't really get much accomplished..just little things...I really need to get myself moving.... I did order my reception dress... It should arrive on Thursday! ;)

NWR - I completed week 1 of Insanity and I think I'm starting to see a difference... very small... but still something.  That motivates me ;)
    Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
    The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary
  • WR - I have gotten the ball rolling with finding places to get married.  I did find one place that is nice and will be about $3k for the ceremony and a small dinner reception after.  I am still looking for places though.

NWR - We are leaving at 2 today.  Also I am proud of FI and I because we have been to the gym the last two nights and we are going again tonight.  My arms hurt from lifting but I have to keep remembering that its not just for the wedding its for myself too.  :)
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • WR figured out our ring bearer idea, had my dress fititng last weekend AND had a friend agree to perform in our ceremony!!! NWR was able to take the dogs out a couple times this week to enjoy the beautiful weather :
  • WR - finished the coursages for our mom's this week and I was pleasantly suprised with how they turned out.

NWR - Left work early to go play disc golf with my FI. We haven't been in a couple of months and the weather was perfect.
  • WR- almost done with paper cones, should be done today, book restaurant for bachelorette dinner, we're going to Serendipity 3 in Caesar's Palace, and got my after party dress, pay no attentio to how bad I look, this was after 8hrs of work and no sleep the night before:

NWR: went and saw Hunger games.....yep......I'm a dork because this was the absolute highlight of my week!!
  • WR - Finally ordered our AHR invites. We just did postcards from Vistaprint, but just glad that it is done. We should be getting them in a few days.

NWR - I lost 2 more pounds. :) Need to work on my arms more. I want them to look at least a little toned in our pics. But I feel so much better now that I am active again. Hopefully my knee will be up for a hike this weekend. The weather here is beautiful right now.

Anniversary
  • Happy Friday all...Jenn (Jtoly) have a GREAT bday weekend!!

WR: My mother and aunt are picking up my veils for me today!!

NWR: FI and I have ended our apartment hunt!  We signed a lease for a great building in an awesome neighborhood and we can move in April 1st!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Jenn-which dress did you go with?

WR: The travel agent that is booking all of the stuff finally got back to me with confirmed prices! She sent me an e-mail and three of the room categories were off so I have been waiting to make sure (one room was coming back at almost $1000 more!). One of the prices came back a little lower so I was happy about that. Staring at that excel sheet for so long and looking for the errors was like finding a needle in a haystack so I am glad my numbers are 100% correct now!

NWR: I am really excited to be helping plan the twins 1st bday party. We are going for a spring garden theme!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • WR- I am at the three month mark as of the 21st. Also, I order my sand cermony kit, a Sign that says Mr. and Mrs. Goodine on groupdeelz.com, and my engagement photo guest album

NWR- FI signed some papers for the home we are buying and we should hear if the back accepts our offer Next Wednesday.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_favorite-friday-53?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:9ef0014c-f352-4124-a5cc-ee7440c6dc3aPost:e0f8dcf1-be0a-40f3-8cec-49dfeefc476c">Re: Favorite Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jenn-which dress did you go with? WR: The travel agent that is booking all of the stuff finally got back to me with confirmed prices! She sent me an e-mail and three of the room categories were off so I have been waiting to make sure (one room was coming back at almost $1000 more!). One of the prices came back a little lower so I was happy about that. Staring at that excel sheet for so long and looking for the errors was like finding a needle in a haystack so I am glad my numbers are 100% correct now! NWR: I am really excited to be helping plan the twins 1st bday party. We are going for a spring garden theme!
    Posted by nicolej518[/QUOTE]

The top 2....the ones with the most votes were my favorites. I let my sister decide since its her wedding, so...she picked the 1st one.
  • Oops, quite late, as I think Friday is almost over for a lot of you, but here we go:

WR - Meeting with Kahu Bruce and our Banquet coordinator.  He reviewd the ceremony with us and we absolutly love it.  I'm so excited we chose him, so thanks for the recommendations from those of you who have used him.  Seeing how everything will be set up too for the ceremony and reception has made me so happy with our choices.  

NWR - Umm, obviously being in Hawaii.  I grew up coming here as a kid, so it's quite nostalgic for me.  Oh and there's a blizzard at home at the moment, and I'm sitting on my lanai looking at the ocean and Ft. Derussy Park, so I'm super relaxed at the moment.  

Have a great weekend ladies!!

• jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_favorite-friday-53?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:9ef0014c-f352-4124-a5cc-ee7440c6dc3aPost:14bae63f-3ccc-4fc7-b9f7-123e7baff4fe">Re: Favorite Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oops, quite late, as I think Friday is almost over for a lot of you, but here we go: WR - Meeting with Kahu Bruce and our Banquet coordinator.  He reviewd the ceremony with us and we absolutly love it.  I'm so excited we chose him, so thanks for the recommendations from those of you who have used him.  Seeing how everything will be set up too for the ceremony and reception has made me so happy with our choices.   NWR - Umm, obviously being in Hawaii.  I grew up coming here as a kid, so it's quite nostalgic for me.  Oh and there's a blizzard at home at the moment, and I'm sitting on my lanai looking at the ocean and Ft. Derussy Park, so I'm super relaxed at the moment.   Have a great weekend ladies!!

Posted by kje_[/QUOTE]

Jealous!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards