New York-Hudson Valley

Onteora Mountain House Opinions?

Hi all,

We are considering Onteora Mountain House for our Fall 2013 wedding. It will likely be in mid-October. We'd love to see pics if you've had your wedding there or get opinions on how things went. We've been seeing a few mixed reviews regarding the food so specific insight there would be appreciated. All thoughts welcome!

Also - if you're in the area - are there still any good fall foliage around in mid-October? We're of course aware it will be a chillier time of year but is an outdoor ceremony just insane to consider?

Thanks ALL!!

Re: Onteora Mountain House Opinions?

• The foliage should still be pretty decent by mid-October. After that it can start getting a little bare. Then again, it's a little different every year. I'm getting married on the 20th so I'm still hoping it's pretty :) Also, we are having an outdoor wedding but have an indoor space available if the weather is not ideal. 
  • Oh wow! It's right around the corner! Let me know how it is a Onteora. Congrats!
  • You might want to look at the Ulysses Photography website - they have so many pictures of this venue!

http://ulyssesphotography.com/blog/tag/onteora-mountain-house/

Good luck!
  • mid october the leaves are peaking, its a perfect time and i hear that venue is beautiful
  • I visited Onteora and was a bit dissapointed. After looking at lots of pictures and videos, I though this was going to be THE place for us. Here are my thoughts:
    - while the view is beautiful, there is not much room inside the reception room for more than 150 people. The dance floor is also small, 16x20
    - If you have family staying over, they will be on top of eachother...there aren't many places to go around the property
    - The road up to the top is windy and scary if people are driving back after the reception- I'd reccomend a bus
    - The owner doesn't seem to want your $. He seemed very disinterested and sarcastic- not pleasant to work with. His shirt was covered in food and he wasn't that friendly.
    - Closest lodging beyond the 7 rooms on site isn't very close by.

Again, it's beatiful. If the above doesn't bother you, go for it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards