Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Ideas for aisle runner/rose petals?

Soooo, I'm now in love with an idea I'm fairly sure won't be possible budget-wise or logistically. I am having my ceremony at a chapel that is quite small and has a very narrow aisle. Below is a pic of the chapel, and the ROSE PETAL CARPETS I'm in love with :) 

http://www.thesedonaweddingguideblog.com/3067/show-stoppers-makes-another-cover/

They make all kinds of amazing designs with the real rose petals tied onto a carpet of sorts. I thought this might be the perfect accent I needed - as opposed to having a monogrammed plain aisle runner and scattered rose petals. However whenever I contacted the designer of these rose petal carpets, he said that the carpet they designed was only for a photo shoot, and that b/c the aisle was very narrow, it was sure to get stomped on as the guests are coming into the chapel, and would not look quite as nice for my walk down the aisle. (people cannot feed into the seats from side aisles - there are none.) I'm kind of bummed. So....back to my original idea of having an aisle runner and rose petals scattered....I just feel like it will look sort of haphazard and blah and that will get all stepped on too. Seeing the pic above of the chapel itself, any ideas on what, if anything, I should do down the center aisle? The candles they have pictured are nice....I just wanted that darn carpet of flowers!

Re: Ideas for aisle runner/rose petals?

• I think you skip the aisle runner, IMO.  If people can't get into pews from the side, your aisle runner and all those scattered petals will be wrecked before you ever make it down the aisle.

The runner will be wrinkled, and the petals?  crushed and moved all over the place.

Frankly, I think you're wasting your money on something that doesn't really add anything to your ceremony anyway.

GL
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • I very much wanted petals lining the aisle.  Like this:

It wasn't possible due to wind (we're getting married on a deck over the ocean).  So... I made my own "petal ribbons."  I took 4" wide ribbon and glued white tose petals on them.  They came out quite nicely.

I recommend not walking on them - it will only crush the flowers.

But, if you are really interested in a bed of roses to walk in, try these people:
    http://www.petalhappy.com/index.php

Good luck!

• Thanks ladies!

Trix1223 - I think you are right  - It will just end up being a waste of money to invest in a really expensive item that will probably be damaged before I get down the aisle :(  Thank you for giving it to me straight  - b/c I was a little caught up in the idea....without totally thinking it through lol!

Joy2611 - I like your idea! That could possibly work....b/c I think people would use more caution when getting into the pew and step OVER them, instead of having to step on them. Very cute!
  • I totally agree with Joy. Having the roses line the aisle look so beautiful!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards