Canada-Ontario
Options

S4 DJ and Maximum DJ

Hey Everyone,

I have meetings to meet with S$ and Maximum DJ on Monday.

I think I got Maximums name from someone on here- but I also met them a wedding show. S4 is in the house DJ at our venue. We were leaning towards S4 just because they are the in house- but since we booked our venue we had some friends get married at the same place and they were not happy with S4 at all. At the same time, one of the guys FI used to work with was married at the same place, and used S4 about 2 years ago and has nothing but great things to say about them.

Any input/personal experience would be great!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
244 Invited image 43 Attending image 5 Declined image Waiting on 198 image
RSVP Date October 3, 2011

Re: S4 DJ and Maximum DJ

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Where are you getting married?  I'm getting married at The Manor next Sept where S4 is the in-house DJ also.  I went on canadianbride.com and found some reviews in the talkbaords, most people said they were ok.  A friend of mine in the service industry up there has heard mixed reviews - some of the DJs are great, but I've heard some can make it feel like a Woodbridge nightclub, which is NOT what we're going for!  They're also a little pricey and so far, I've found them to be a little pushy, like the assume I'll book them because they're the "in-house" guys.  Plus, one of the perks using them was access to their equipment, including the projector (we have no idea if we want to use this) - but it turns out to use that, they charge you an additional fee on top.  I haven't ruled them out, but I am exploring other options.  Check out the canadianbride.com talkboards, i found more local suggestions for Djs.
    HTH

oh, and I'd love for you to come back and tell me how your meeting goes with S4!
  • Options
    Meaghann17Meaghann17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hello! we are also getting married at the manor

you have just about summed up everything i have heard about s4. and i definately feel like they think its a done deal that we are booking with them. i'll let you know about the meeting for sure.

woodbridge nightclub =/= what we want lol.

i'm hopefully going to know the name of the exact dj FI's friend before I head into the S4 meeting so I am hoping if we book with them, that is the guy we want. I have heard only good things about him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you should meet with both and based on your answers and perception of both companies, base you decision on that. It's hard to make a decision when some people say group A is good and the others think they are not. I hope after the meeting you will get some clarity on who is the best DJ for your wedding.

All the best!
  • Options
    Meaghann17Meaghann17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jaytee: the meeting with s4 went ok. tony was very nice. they are a bit expensive and I really got the feeling they assume we are going to book with them. we are still unsure what we are going to do. trying to decide if the extra cash is worth using the in house. I definately don't want there to be a ton of wires and speakers everywhere during the reception., which using the in house would avoid. they were also very anti day of coordinator and family mc. one plus is that they have 2 djs at every event- you can waive one for a savings of $300. a lot of people do this and use a family mc. if we go with them we are just keeping the 2nd guy and they said they will work with a family mc and guide him but that they dont recommend waiving the 2nd dj and using your mc in his place (i got the feeing a lot of people do this to save the $300).

he also said DOC are a waste because between S4 and the Manor they are the best and we don't need someone elses help. well we have already booked and paid for a DOC and we are keeping her lol. he said DOC make them feel like they are being told what to do all night, when they are very aware of their role.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards