DC

Under the dress....?

TheAnneTheAnne member
First Comment
I am getting married in March and am at the point where I need to make a final decision about what I am wearing under the dress.  I would love some fancy lingerie but I don't want anything sticking up out the back (bra line) or any bumps or bulges from boning/corsets or whatever gets squeezed out from under them! 

I have talked to many people who were recently married and the majority have said they just went au nautral under their dress.  Nothing.  One friend said she wore spanx.  I have worn spanx before and found them exhausting to get into and they just made me sweaty and then rolled down to my middle.  So I have kind of ruled that option out. 

Is there something else you would recommend?  I am not a skinny girl and have some extra flab around my middle so it would be nice to be able to wear something to suck that in.  But I am not a really big girl either.

My dress also has a V cut in the clevage that is covered over with lace.  So anything that went straight accross the chest would show through in the middle.  Ugh!  having such a hard time.

any suggestions? 

much love to all my Golden Girls!
My Beautiful Peanut born 9/19/12
imageimageimage

Re: Under the dress....?

• OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also found Spanx exhausting and never mastered uh using the little hole.  I never considered going commando, I always wanted something sexy to wear under my dress.  I would suggest going to Trousseau in Vienna, VA.  They have a wide selection and also offer free alterations.  They are also great in making sure you get the right undergarment for you.  If you can bring in your dress our at least a picture of it.  I bought my bustier there and they are altering it, I needed it with more of a V cut since I'm wearing a sweatheart cut dress.  My bodice gives me shape and makes me look more hour glassy and I'm a bit busty and needed the support.   They are definitely worth checking out.  I think their alteration time line is running about 2-3 weeks.   
  • edited December 2011
    I second OFF's rec.  I also really found the ladies at Nordstrom in Tyson's to be really helpful.  I ended up having Angie sew some cups into my dress (it was pretty structured anyway and I'm just average sized) and some errr "control top" panties that were sort of lacey and cute (as far as those things go).  I tried on some one piece things and Spanx, but ultimately decided I felt uncomfortable in them and didn't want to worry about it the day of.  I didn't have any showing or shifting issues all day.  I think if your dress is well altered, it makes a huge difference!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards