Canada-Ontario

Glad you did, wish you did, could have done without...

Hi everyone,

I'd love to hear your comments on three things...

What you're glad you did at or for your wedding

What you wish you'd done at or for your wedding

and

What you could have done without at or for your wedding

Thanks!

Re: Glad you did, wish you did, could have done without...

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Glad I planned like crazy before the wedding day and made schedules for everyone so they knew where to be and what to do.  I really didn't have to do any coordination on the day-of, and I didn't need to use an outside planner.  Also glad I did the photobooth - people LOVED it!  Lots of "glads" - too many to name!

2. Don't really have any "missed" opportunities - it was a great day.

3. Could have done without the limo - it was fun, but we were only in it for a very short time to and from the venue. 

• mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What you're glad you did at or for your wedding I am glad we had a secondary photographer, a videographer and had great friends that took on the role of wedding coordinator. I am also glad that H and I were very organized and planned well leading up to our wedding so we didn't feel too overwhelmed.

What you wish you'd done at or for your wedding It was a beautiful day and ran as smoothly as possible but I would have liked more time to take pictures with family and friends.

and

What you could have done without at or for your wedding We had a video kiosk in lieu of a photobooth because it was cheaper however not a lot of people used it. It cost $200 but we could have put that towards something else.
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad: Was really organized, had a well-planned out timeline of who was supposed to be where, when, what they were supposed to bring, and what vehicle they were going in.  It also had contact information for all bridal party and vendors in case we got separated on the way to photos or someone needed to call the florist.  It really made it stress-free.

Also Glad: 
    We didn't spend a whole lot of money on DJ ($500) or centerpieces ($25 ea) and we didn't have a limo (drove in WP/borrowed SUVs) - we were really happy with how those all turned out, and that we did them on-the-cheap and they didn't affect the guests' experience.

Wish: Had time for more pictures.  Looking back, I would have done just one photo location instead of two because it took time to set up/tear down people, lighting, etc.  Also, I wish I had mingled more during the dinner - I mostly sat at the head table and people came by to chat with me, which was okay but now I think I could have walked around a bit more.

Done Without:
    So much cake.  We wanted an awesome menu so we had tons of apps, added a soup course to the dinner, and had a huge late-night spread with pastries, cookies, fruits, hot dogs, sausages.  Less than one tier (the middle one, 9") was eaten.   One we ate at brunch the next day and one is in my freezer.  Too much cake.
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad: videographer with same day edit

Wish: photo booth and more of the decor details

Could have done without: can't really think of much, other than inviting certain extended family members out of pressure from our parents. It's funny, people tell you "there will be so many people, you won't even notice," and yes, the memories with the people I love certainly do outweigh my displeasure at the presence of these other people. But I still very clearly remember the feeling of realizing that THEY didn't even care to be there (when I greeted one of these people at the reception and asked if they liked the ceremony, she said "Oh, we didn't have time to come to the ceremony." Nice.). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards