Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Acountability - Th

Morning Ladies

I'm super sore from last night's boot camp. We did about a billion squats/lunges/leg lifts - wearing the high heels today was a bad choice. We also finished with this 8 minute shoulder thing where you are essentially holding your arms straight out (to the sides, in front, doing different movements) without ever lowering them for the whole 8 minutes. Doesn't sound that bad but by the end you can barely move your arms!

B - I was bad again Cinnamon sugar bagel and coffee (we had a really small dinner last night and I woke up super hungry)
L: chicken and brown rice with Thai flavored veggies
D: tbd

We were going to try out the crock pot this week but since we are leaving tomorrow for DC and the crock pot we got is a 6qt we realized that we should wait to try it until we will be around to eat all the leftovers!!

WO - Turbo Fire and Stretch10 videos.

My boot camps are ending next week until mid-January so I'll have to try out Trudy's treadmill workout that she posted a couple of weeks ago!

Re: Acountability - Th

• Options
    Happy almost Friday!
    I've been in the field the last two days, so haven't worked out, but my arms are super sore from the work, and it was a lot of hiking around, so I don't feel too bad. Sometimes field work is a lot of sitting around (I'm a geologist), sometimes it's a lot of work. 

B: cereal with soy milk and coffe
    L: Not sure. Leftovers, or a sandwich
    S: orange
    D: TBD. No idea. Haven't really planned any meals today, lol

WO: running tonight. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Geologist! That sounds so interesting. So what do you do on a day-to-day basis? I mean, I know what geologist MEANS but I would have no idea what your "job" would look like.

I always wish I was better at science - FI and I watch TONS of documentaries and I am always so jealous of all the folks involved with them that they get to do such cool stuff as their "job". I'm sure there is tons of crap they have to do as well :)
  • Options
    I NEED bootcamp b/c I am a hefa and have no will power to turn down food, lol!!!  Hope you are feeling better Sara!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Ha, my job is not nearly as cool as the documentaries, lol! We did get to do some cool field work when I was in school though. Day to day, I work about 2/3 of my time in the office writing reports for clients, and dealing with data. The other 1/3 is in the field- I do mostly hydrogeology, so I collect groundwater samples, etc. Most of my field work is for landfills- they're generally closed, so they don't smell usually, but still not glamourous :) It just means a lot of travel to out of the way, small southern towns. 

Still, can't complain too much. I always say, on a beautiful fall or spring day I can't believe they pay me to watch water drip out of a well. On a cold, dreary, rainy winter day, they don't pay me enough to watch water drip out of well ;) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards