Wedding Etiquette Forum

address labels on save the date postcards?

Hi ladies,

I usually don't post this, but when I came with an etiquette question, what better place to go than the etiquette board right?

So I just heard somewhere that it's against etiquette to using mailing labels on wedding mail. But, I really don't want to be bothered with this STD project anymore and I already printed the labels. Our STDs are very casual and cute postcards. What do you ladies think?

Re: address labels on save the date postcards?

• I think it's fine.  I used return address labels on our save the date postcard envelopes.  Nothing bad happened and my wedding is still valid.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used return address labels on our STDs, but I printed the mailing address directly on the envelope.  I had no complaints.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • I think for STDs it's totally fine to use address labels.
  • I used matching labels from VistaPrint, they matched the free postcards that I got from Vistaprint.

I'm also using wraparound labels on my wedding invite envelopes and return address labels on the RSVP postcards.

Yay labels!
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • We just sent out our STDs with address labels.  The only comments we have received have been how cute they are and how much they are appreciated.  I say go for it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards