Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Pink or Green Signature Cocktail Ideas

I'm looking for inexpensive ideas for pink or green signature cocktails that could possibly be made in bulk and/or just made inexpensively. 

Any ideas out there besides cosmos?

Thanks!

Re: Pink or Green Signature Cocktail Ideas

• Options
    skelle12skelle12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking of doing a signature cocktail that is pink because that is one of my main colors.  It's made with champagne and X-Rated liquor.  It's really delicious, but not sure how expensive it would be.
  • Options
    tsp698tsp698 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sour Apple Martini's are always good. I prefer to make mine with Southern Comfort, Sour Apple Pucker and Pineapple juice, but if you want to go cheap you can just do vodka and sour apple pucker.

Honeydew martini's are good. Vodka, Midori and Triple Sec. You can use generic melon liquor in place of Midori if you want to keep it inexpensive.

French martini is made with Vodka and Chambord, or you can use a generic raspberry liquor.

You can add Midori or Sour Apple to anything to make it green, and Chambord will make most drinks pink.
    image 107 Invited
    image 43 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image58 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: July 23
  • Options
    janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mojitos go nicely with a green theme.  You could also do cosmos for the pink.
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mojitos are hard to make ahead of time.  cosmos and apple martinis can be premade.

kirs and kir royales (chambord with either white wine or champagne) probably shouldn't be premade but they're super easy to make quickly, unlike mojitos.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mother and I saw an idea on a wedding show on WE about Cotton Candy Martinis.  The bartender put a small fluff of cotton candy and then a vodka/martini mixer just poured on top of it.  Super easy, super quick, super tasty!  Plus, you can make it any color you want--pink cotton candy is easy to find, but I'm sure green is out there too!
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our signature drink will be pink and it's a Cotton Candy Martini. They're comprised of vodka, amaretto, and pink lemonade. If you choose to garnish it, you just put some cotton candy in the martini glass and pour the drink over it and it dissolves the cotton candy. PIB under the Reception tab.

Another idea for a pink signature drink is the martinis that were served at our Engagement Party last year. They were pink lemonade martinis and they were made with citrus flavored vodka, chambord, and sour mix. They were shaken with a lime wedge which was the garnish, and it dyed the lime wedge pink. Very cute! :0)
  • Options
    tommyandytommyandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about a Blushing Bride for a pink drink?  I think a Honeydew daiquiri would be an excellent green drink.  Buy frozen honeydew melon chunks, or use fresh melon & puree smooth, then mix it like you would a strawberry daiquiri.  Garnish with either a slice of melon on the rim of the glass or a melon ball on a stick.

Test all drink ideas on several friends thru out the summer.
  • Options
    pavingtheroadpavingtheroad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ideas for green drinks are moscow mule, kamikaze

Pink drinks could be strawberry kiss

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
    123image 64image 35 image 24image RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm excited about having raspberry or strawberry bellinis for our sig drink