Missouri-Kansas City

Reccommend your...

...Florist!

I need wedding flowers and need suggestions for people who will work in the Olathe, KS area.
Also, has anyone used Hy-Vee for flowers? And what was your experience like with them?
TIA!

Re: Reccommend your...

• edited December 2011
    I just had a meeting with the floral dept at Hyvee on 95th in OP.  The meeting was sort of shaky (they weren't expecting me... turns out my paperwork was put in the wrong date, but I got a call immediately afterwards with a very sincere appology and they were super accomodating eve when they thought we were walk-ins), but it was very helpful.  The florist had some great "money-saving" ideas which can be kind of rare from florists I think (she actually suggested I do half the centerpieces as candles instead of flowers to save money).  I'm supposed to get my full quote by tomorrow.  Sorry, that's all I have as far as floral stuff.
  • rwitherowrwitherow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was in a wedding last July where the flowers came from Hy-Vee (I don't know which one). The flowers looked great, and I honestly would not have known that they came from a grocery store had I not been told.
  • kwagner1211kwagner1211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met with the floral department at HyVee on 135th and Antioch yesterday. The lady was super helpful, had lots of great ideas, listened to my likes and dislikes and was able to figure me out without me having to give specific ideas. I don't have a specific vision in mind, and am not creative enough to think of one, so I really appreciated her being able to "read" me.

I've also met with A Floral Affair. She was very friendly and encourgaged me to do execute some original thoughts I had when a previous florist had dissuaded me. I haven't picked the florist yet, but I think either one of these would do a great job!
  • HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I, personally, am using Final Touch Studios and love working with Rosemary (she's also my best friend's mom, but I know she does excellent work).

I was in a wedding in May that used flowers from HyVee and they were just fine. They arrived late, so that stressed her out a bit, but the quality was what she expected (meaning, she wasn't disappointed).
  • wilburncwilburnc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met with two different Hy-Vee's.  The first one was on Santa Fe in Olathe, and the other one was at 119th and Ridgeview in Olathe.  Both of the ladies were very nice and helped me create the vision I had.  I had basically the same write up of flowers from both stores, and the one at 119th and Ridgeview was about $250 cheaper.  I know this isn't about catering, but......we also went with them for that, and their catering manager is GREAT to work with.  That made going with flowers there so much easier.  I thought the florist there on 119th was great as well.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Amy from Victorian Gardens. She's very professional and also very reasonably priced. I'm getting a TON for my money (not overstating at all) and getting beautiful arrangements! I'm not using any roses or calla lilies (not a fan) but I am getting hydrangea, orchids, dahlia, ranunculus, cosmos etc. She's giving me what I want for the budget and she has such a beautiful vision.
    For 2K I'm getting my bouquet/toss, 8 BM bouquets, 19 boutonnieres, 2 altar arrangements, 14 pew clusters, 2 wreathes, 7 small CP's for the CH and 10 CP's for the Reception and delivery/setup/takedown. 

I love her!!
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I am using 18 Flowers! She has been really great to work with!

http://www.18flowers.com/
  • mam9p8mam9p8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used the Hy-Vee on Stateline and would recommend them to anyone!  Our wedding and reception were on different days and they remade my bouquet for me free of charge b/c they didn't think it would last in their fridge.  for 15 bouts, 3 bm's bouquets and my bouquet it was less than $200 delivered.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards