Second Weddings
Options

A surprise wedding on my 50th Birthday!

My fiancé and I have both been married before so we decided to have a surprise wedding in order to keep it about the ceremony and not the party/wedding party/gifts, etc.  Since my birthday is at Christmas time, I love to make a fuss about it and usually start having fun with my family and friends by talking about it months in advance.  Needless to say, they expect me to be making a big deal over my 50thLaughing  So, we are planning a birthday party for me at the parish hall of our church where we will announce that we are actually getting married in 10 minutes (most don't even know we are engaged). 

We have enlisted our adult children to serve as our wedding party and a few close friends to be co-conspirators to help pull it all off.  It is going to be a fabulous Christmas/Birthday/Wedding party.....can't wait! 

Anyone else had a surprise wedding?

Re: A surprise wedding on my 50th Birthday!

• Options
    My family isn't stuffy and a surprise wedding is what my DH and I were headed for if we hadn't announced before we were engaged that we were beginning to plan a "special event". My mom and his mom were talking about planning some thing for us in Tahoe - which would have been interesting to say the least - but it wouldn't have been our vision.

We got wind of their "plan" before they had put any money into it, thankfully.  How my mom got caught was she was talking about the attire we both wore to my baby sister's wedding, and that those were suitable clothes for a bride and groom.  She was also talking about the flowers at my sister's wedding.  Later that night I talked to my then boyfriend about what my mom had said - and he said that his mom mentioned a formal family party that she was gathering ideas for and wanted to know when a good time for us would be.  Yeah so not so sneaky moms...  I also believe that the DSD was in on it as well. 

I hope you can pull it off, it could be fun especially if people know to expect the unexpected from you.  Congratulations!!  You will have to let us know how it turns out. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards