Getting in Shape
Options

P90Xers

I think I want to do P90X after the wedding.  Currently I mostly do cardio and the 30DS.  Is that sufficient to take on P90X?  Or do I need more lifting?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: P90Xers

• Options
    You can (and probably should) start with light weights if you don't have a lot of lifting experience.  If you don't want to start until after the wedding, then I recommend adding in more lifting to your routine, but it's not absolutely necessary.  If you want a hard core cardio workout, one of my BMs is doing the Insanity program, which is all cardio.  It's by Beachbody, the same company that makes p90x.  GL!
  • Options
    You'll be fine. There's a "fitness test" to do so you can measure how far you've come, but I just skipped it. I'm writing down my progress as I go. I got the resistance bands instead of weights. I LOVE it! Yoga is my least favorite DVD. Ugh.

But there are 3 programs to choose from: Classic, Doubles, and Lean. If I were you, I'd go for lean. It's more cardio than lifting, but still really challenging. I personally decided to go with the doubles program. But I'm just crazy. :)
  • Options
    I had no lifting experience besides Jillian's DVDs. I actually LOVE the lifting dvds more than the cardio ones.
  • Options
    Thanks!  I'd start it now, but I wouldn't have time to finish it before the wedding and will be taking a few weeks off for the wedding and honeymoon.
  • Options
    Well, you know you can start it now and then restart/finish afterwards... It's an excellent program. I'm 2 weeks into it and I'm already less jiggly, stronger, and more balanced. Now, if only I can get my eating back in control.....
  • Options
    I've heard from some people that you don't lose a lot of weight-which is fine as long as I would lose inches.  Have you lost a lot of inches?  I still haven't tried on my dress yet (it's in a different city) but I'm nervous about the shoulders and bust fitting and when I lift I get a little broader (not bulky, but my shoulders do get wider)
  • Options

You should be fine to start the program. I was also doing Jillian dvd's and cardio before I started. I haven't lost any weight and unfortunately didn't take measurements when I started either. I am at a healthy weight right now so I didn't expect to lose a lot. I've actually gained a butt from all the squats and lunges, which makes my clothes fit about the same but my shape is better. My stomach is flatter, the Ab Ripper is killer! I'm on week 8 and definitely have replaced some fat with muscle. Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    if you're going to take a few weeks off, i would recommend waiting, imo. it is really easy to get sidetracked from p90x, so it may be in your best interest to give it your full attention. before i started i had only done a little lifting, mostly arms, and i was fine.

you'll definitely be challenged - but it's so fun learning what you can do with a little encouragement (and some of tony's "phrases" are kind-of hilarious)! good luck :]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'll be taking measurements in about 2 weeks. I find that when I measure more than once a month, I get discouraged. But whether I've lost inches or not, I can see things tightening up - arms, hips, & thighs mostly.
  • Options
    Anyone else tried the Insanity program??
  • Options
    P90x is great!!! i have seen results in inches and my strength. i am going to do my first round of insanity today. you should message my brother, dave. he is a beachbody coach and can hook you up and answer any questions you have!
     heres his site

Anniversary
  • Options
    How has your body changed, and in what amount of time by doing this program. Is it hard on your joints?
    Thinking about starting this program
  • Options
    My fiance and I started the Insanity program Saturday. It really is intense, but we love it. I am really sore in my abs, calves and thighs today (after the first real workout), but I am still really motivated and excited to keep on the program. I would say that it is not for people new to exercise because it really is insane! But, if you have the motivation and you want to see results, it is great! I would recommend it to people who want to have a workout alot, (only 1 day off a week), and want to feel results fast.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards