New York-Upstate
Options

Vacation spots upstate??

Hey ladies, I'm usually on the south Florida board but I wanted to ask a quick question. Fi and I live in NYC - both our birthdays and valentines day are all within 6 days of each other so instead of doing 3 celebrations every year we take a little weekend trip. This year we are a little tight on cash because of the wedding and some massive vet bills we were recently hit with so we would like to go somewhere close to home, but still far enough away to feel like we went somewhere. We will probably only stay one night this year wherever we go. So does anyone have some suggestions of maybe cute cottages or resorts that are more romantic, for couples within a few hour drive of the city? We really love exploring new cute towns and eating out and getting a nice bottle of wine, taking hikes (although it will be February). Some place with some cheesy activities would be great haha. Thanks for your suggestions!!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Vacation spots upstate??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What about the Lake George winter carnival?
    http://www.lakegeorge.com/winter/carnival.cfm
    Fiance and I went up there last winter, we had fun walking on the ice covered lake and watching the dogsleds, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Omg that looks awesome! Thank you for the recommendation - from my quick review of the website I def think we will be attending. Some of the events sound hilarious and fireworks are always great :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just watching the dogsleds was fun. I vowed to bundle my 9 lb Italian Greyhound up and show him what an easy life he has on my couch!
  • Options
    Canandaigua and Finger Lakes areas are really cute.   They have a lot of wine festivals throughout the months.  Bristol Harbor is a nice little place to stay that has great views of Canandaigua Lake and the rooms are very cute too! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards