October 2012 Weddings

Wedding Expo

Who has gone and what words of wisdom would you like to impart on the rest of us? I'm going Saturday!!!!!!!!

Re: Wedding Expo

• Before you go, make an email specifically for the wedding if you have not already. Then give that one out as opposed to your regular emial so you aren't clogging up your emial that you use on a regular basis. Sign up for everything, all drawings, take every chance to win something, you might get lucky!! Be prepared for tons of people, and enjoy all the free food : ) Make sure you have some sort of a bag to put all your stuff in, or make sure you get one from one of the vendors, because you will be getting a million brochures. But it is fun! Enjoy it! That's all I can think of, lol.
  • ditto to what PP said in regards to making up an email, dont give out your phone # unless you want people to call you nonstop trying to get you to use them
    i brought address labels with me so that I didnt have to fill out my name, address, etc 900 times which helped as well...
    dont be afraid to walk away from vendors that want you to sign up right then and there...just take their info and walk away!
    and remember to breathe and enjoy it...you'll walk away with a ton of ideas but it doesnt mean you have to use all of them or use everything/upgrades each vendor offers
  • Wear comfy shoes and bring water. Ditto on all PP.  Also if you are truly not interested in a vendor you don't even have to take their info. Because you will be getting so many brochures, its one less one weighing down your bag. I swear my bag weighed like 20 lbs by the end.
    October '12
    ~MARRIED 10.11.12~
  • Ditto all advice above. I do give out my phone number to vendors I'm interested in though. That being said... 

Watch out for signing up for any give away for Simplicity Gourmet (I think they use other names too but always have a display of cookware out). You'll get a call within a few days saying you "won" a vacation. If you don't respond they just keep calling and even if you decline they still have someone else call. In order to get this you have to sit through a 90 minute presentation on $3000.00 pots and pans. I've found mixed reviews on the internet regarding if you really get a useable vacation without buying the cookware. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker unnamed LilySlim Weight loss tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_wedding-expo-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:e861e002-2a06-4b3d-847b-8e577401256fPost:da5cddea-93d8-41a2-b793-c4632fef275b">Re: Wedding Expo</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ditto all advice above. I do give out my phone number to vendors I'm interested in though. That being said...  Watch out for signing up for any give away for Simplicity Gourmet (I think they use other names too but always have a display of cookware out). You'll get a call within a few days saying you "won" a vacation. If you don't respond they just keep calling and even if you decline they still have someone else call. In order to get this you have to sit through a 90 minute presentation on $3000.00 pots and pans. I've found mixed reviews on the internet regarding if you really get a useable vacation without buying the cookware. 
    Posted by rmo57536[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Royal Prestige is another name they go by. We actually bought the pans and love them, however the "prizes" we "won" were useless and we weren't able to redeem them. I also found reviews were people talked about winning a vacation, but I have yet to see one where someone actually took it. </div>
    October '12
    ~MARRIED 10.11.12~
  • awesome, thanks! I can't wait oh boy Laughing
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_wedding-expo-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:e861e002-2a06-4b3d-847b-8e577401256fPost:63c9d8f2-380e-4f0e-905d-7513a12dce18">Re: Wedding Expo</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Expo :<font color="#000000"> <strong>Royal Prestige</strong></font> is another name they go by. We actually bought the pans and love them, however the "prizes" we "won" were useless and we weren't able to redeem them. I also found reviews were people talked about winning a vacation, but I have yet to see one where someone actually took it. 
    Posted by reagane02[/QUOTE]

Royal prestige is the one that I won and my friend also won.. but you had to go to their presentation in order to get it.. and you had to go with you FI too or you could not take it. Just watch out for ones like this. Def bring something with your name and address already on it.. will save you lots of time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Darla and Chester. Darla is the black and white basset and Chester is the tan and black basset. Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Emma kitty Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wear comfy shoes, leave your heavy purse at home, a bottle of water and return address labels with your date, name and email address was very helpful.  I found expos to be exhausting and was ready for a nap when I got home but they are so worth it.  You can find so many great deals and coupons.  Every little bit helps! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards