Missouri

Ideas for outdoor wedding locaions in mid MO?

Hi Ladies, I am trying to find locations in mid Missouri for an outdoor wedding in late April 2013. (I already know about the possibilities of rain, etc etc; it's already been drilled into my head.) So I want an outdoors area that is pretty, not necessarily with tons of flowers or shrubbery (though nothing against them!) and not necessarily plain either, just a nice location. We don't want it too close to St. Louis, and our families are in Sedalia, south of KC, and about 50 mi west of StL. We would like something not too far from either place, and we are open to going as far south as Rolla, MO, as that is where we both went to college. We are on a tight budget and don't want to spend a ton of money on the venue (ie: over $1,000, if that).

I would really appreciate it if anyone had ANY ideas for me to look into!!! Thanks so much!!!

Re: Ideas for outdoor wedding locaions in mid MO?

• Liberty Park in Sedalia is pretty. I'm getting married in Sedalia in May of 2013. We're getting married at the Moose Lodge Rec Center which is an outdoor area. It's got a pond, a shelter house and restrooms there. I'm not sure how much it costs for either the rec center or the park. FI's family are members of the Moose Lodge so we got our venue free. :)
  • egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    There are a couple places in the Columbia, MO area, but I have no idea how much they cost.  Google Columbia, Mo weddings, maybe add in outdoors and you'll find them.
  • You can use Shelter Gardens, but they limit the number of number of guest, as in less than less than 50 or so.  There are several places outside of Columbia that host weddings and receptions, but they are expensive so beware.  I have a reservation for the Reichman Pavilion at Stephens Lake park.  You can find info about it at the City of Columbia parks and rec page.  The full rent is 1,000 but you get it for the entire weekend (Friday morning to Sunday night).  The pavilion holds up to 150 people, has a small sound system already in place, and includes tables and chairs.  So some of the things you would rent else where for the reception will already be there.  Plus there is a huge flat place right outside where you can host the ceremony. 
  • What about Bothwell Lodge?
  • Cherry Hill Event Center in Columbia. It has a park with waterfall for the ceremony but can be moved inside to where the reception is if the weather is bad.
  • edited August 2012
    It is a little far south, but Meramec Springs Park outside of St, James (about 25 miles from Rolla) is BEAUTIFUL!  I'm going to have my engagement and wedding photos taken there, I'm actually getting married on a farm about 5 miles away in July, 2013.  There are also wineries and such around Rolla that are beautiful.  Hope you find a GREAT place! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards