African American Weddings
Options

Linens Advice- Those with multiple wedding colors

How are you doing linens if you have multiple colors? Our colors are yellow and gray with orange accent. The linens will definitely be gray but not sure what to do about napkins. So picture all of this and let me know what sounds best. The flowers in the centerpieces will be mostly yellow. Some tables will have orange flowers floating in the vases. The uplighting will also be orange. So should I do all napkins yellow? Should I alternate yellow and orange napkins at different tables? Someone suggested doing yellow napkins on the tables with orange flowers and vice versa. Is that too busy? Should I just stick with gray table cloths, yellow napkins, and orange uplighting and flowers?
imageAnniversary

Re: Linens Advice- Those with multiple wedding colors

• Options
    I think all of the napkins should be the same color - if you alternate, it may affect the price, plus it may be a little busy. I like the idea of yellow napkins and the orange uplighting, like you said.
  • Options
    Ok, the alternating idea sounds too busy to me. But I am all about simplicity. I would rather see, light silver napkins (I know not even something you suggested). I would incorporate color elsewhere, e.g what will your menus look like, maybe have the table numbers in color. You could have yellow flowers with orange table number numbers. I know you are planning on using a frame, so the framed number would be orange. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_linens-advice-those-with-multiple-wedding-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:520f3949-6f8c-442c-8539-ea747cd47fbcPost:1d02732b-7f2e-4b1f-8f49-ecf3e869c275">Re: Linens Advice- Those with multiple wedding colors</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think all of the napkins should be the same color - if you alternate, it may affect the price, plus it may be a little busy. I like the idea of yellow napkins and the orange uplighting, like you said.
    Posted by saharnshard[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I looked up pics with the gray table cloth and yellow napkins. So I agree with THIS if you go with colored napkins. </div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ro you know I need pictures! LOL And don't worry about suggesting things I didn't mention. This is why I ask you all! Ok so yellow and orange both too busy. Got it.  I found some pictures....

Gray and yellow

Gray on gray/silver. I think the gray table cloth at my venue is on the lighter side so I would do a darker gray napkin?

Oh and good point Ro, the menus will be tucked inside the napkins and they will have color also.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_linens-advice-those-with-multiple-wedding-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:520f3949-6f8c-442c-8539-ea747cd47fbcPost:8b928362-eb53-415b-873d-fceb32231a06">Re: Linens Advice- Those with multiple wedding colors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ro you know I need pictures! LOL And don't worry about suggesting things I didn't mention. This is why I ask you all! Ok so yellow and orange both too busy. Got it.  I found some pictures.... Gray and yellow Gray on gray/silver. I think the gray table cloth at my venue is on the lighter side so I would do a darker gray napkin? Oh and good point Ro, the menus will be tucked inside the napkins and they will have color also.
    Posted by MrsBoss2012[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>So for the gray on gray I was thinking maybe the table linens were dark gray so you would go with the light gray napkins. So seeing both pics and knowing your table linens are a lighter gray I like the idea of the yellow napkins for a pop of color. Is there any reason why you are separating the yellow and orange table by table versus including both colors on each table?

</div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_linens-advice-those-with-multiple-wedding-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:520f3949-6f8c-442c-8539-ea747cd47fbcPost:77d08734-35f0-43d6-ac2f-5670aad40600">Linens Advice- Those with multiple wedding colors</a>:
    [QUOTE]How are you doing linens if you have multiple colors? Our colors are yellow and gray with orange accent. The linens will definitely be gray but not sure what to do about napkins. So picture all of this and let me know what sounds best. The flowers in the centerpieces will be mostly yellow. Some tables will have orange flowers floating in the vases. The uplighting will also be orange. So should I do all napkins yellow? Should I alternate yellow and orange napkins at different tables? Someone suggested doing yellow napkins on the tables with orange flowers and vice versa. Is that too busy? Should I just stick with gray table cloths, yellow napkins, and orange uplighting and flowers?
    Posted by MrsBoss2012[/QUOTE]

My colors are Navy, Raspberry, and Pewter.

We're having Navy table linens, Pewter napkins, Fuschia flowers and uplighting.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • Options
    I am def against alternating napkin colors. 

I llike
    tablecloth: Gray
    Napkins: yellow
    Centerpieces: orange AND yellow ( to pull the two colors together)
    uplighting: orange
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012
    I lke

Table cloth : grey

Napkin: silver

centerpiece: alternating or mixed orange and yellow

Uplight: yellow
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    What color is your menu? And what kind of chairs are you having....are you doing chair covers and sashes or something else.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_linens-advice-those-with-multiple-wedding-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:520f3949-6f8c-442c-8539-ea747cd47fbcPost:8e3b5d16-5c5c-490f-8791-98493f8c2f56">Re: Linens Advice- Those with multiple wedding colors</a>:
    [QUOTE]What color is your menu? And what kind of chairs are you having....are you doing chair covers and sashes or something else.
    Posted by MsAmeera25[/QUOTE]

Just plain old banquet chairs. No covers or anything. The menus will have color. Don't have any idea exactly what they will look like yet.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Thanks for all the ideas ladies! I truly appreciate it!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_linens-advice-those-with-multiple-wedding-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:520f3949-6f8c-442c-8539-ea747cd47fbcPost:62bce43b-4e02-4ee3-9d17-09f42302b33a">Re: Linens Advice- Those with multiple wedding colors</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Linens Advice- Those with multiple wedding colors : So for the gray on gray I was thinking maybe the table linens were dark gray so you would go with the light gray napkins. So seeing both pics and knowing your table linens are a lighter gray I like the idea of the yellow napkins for a pop of color. <strong>Is there any reason why you are separating the yellow and orange table by table versus including both colors on each table?</strong>
    Posted by rowenac82[/QUOTE]

Nope that's just what the florist suggested. I am horrible with accessorizing and colors so I need help.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_linens-advice-those-with-multiple-wedding-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:520f3949-6f8c-442c-8539-ea747cd47fbcPost:6aa99daf-8c72-448f-a045-ad99df38b944">Re: Linens Advice- Those with multiple wedding colors</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Linens Advice- Those with multiple wedding colors : Just plain old banquet chairs. No covers or anything. <strong>The menus will have color. Don't have any idea exactly what they will look like yet.</strong>

<div>Will the designer of the invites be designing the menus?</div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_linens-advice-those-with-multiple-wedding-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:520f3949-6f8c-442c-8539-ea747cd47fbcPost:3921cc81-9949-4c50-afbc-3e49776dafd5">Re: Linens Advice- Those with multiple wedding colors</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Linens Advice- Those with multiple wedding colors : Will the designer of the invites be designing the menus?
    Posted by rowenac82[/QUOTE]

Yes
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I would make the flowers yellow and then have the menu desgin have the orange in them
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    I agree. I like the gray linen the yellow napkins and yellow and orange centerpieces with whatever kind of bling you choose.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_linens-advice-those-with-multiple-wedding-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:520f3949-6f8c-442c-8539-ea747cd47fbcPost:5d061ca3-4bc7-43a5-b67b-b942046cc608">Re: Linens Advice- Those with multiple wedding colors</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Linens Advice- Those with multiple wedding colors : Yes

<div>Well I guess it's about that time to ask her to send you some samples :-)</div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I like the idea of

1. silver table cloth, silver napkin, orange menu and yellow centerpieces.
    or
    2. silver table cloth, yellow napkin, orange/yellow combo menu card and yellow centerpieces.

BUT---- I think with your color scheme you have the most opportunity to pull it off with the floral centerpieces. You can do orange, yellow centerpieces, gray linens and a gray napkin with either an orange or yellow menu since the uplighting is orange

I'm at work so I can't access a lot of sites to find you pics but this is kinda of my idea..

Either look will be beautiful but def don't alternate tables....that looks baby shower/ birthdayish lol

• Options
    Here are pictures of the flowers we are using for the submerged vases. Currently I agreed to orange gladiolus. The picture below has one that is mixed with red/orange and yellow. They also come in just yellow and just orange. I can't remember why we maybe didn't choose a mixed one. I'll have to go back and ask the florist about that.

1/4 of the tables will have tall yellow centerpieces and they will look like this...

I'm thinking i need to go up to the venue and ask to look at the linens again. I also need to get a mock up of a menu and table number so I can see how it all will look.

imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards