July 2012 Weddings
Options

Friday the 13th?

Hey i just wanted to get some opinions on this subject...My fiancee and I are hoping to finalize our hall and church in the next few weeks and are attempting to decide on a date. A lot of places are offering discounts for getting married on friday the 13th and since we are paying the wedding entirely ourselves, anyway that we can save money is appealing. Is it crazy to pick a date that supposedly is bad luck? Neither of us is superstitous, but I'm still kind of nervous. Should we just pay extra money and pick a different day?

Thanks!!

Re: Friday the 13th?

• Options
    I agree with doing it on Friday the 13th, you could even use it as a little theme for your wedding! plus it makes a cute story to tell!
  • Options
    Go for the discount!  FI's best man got married on Friday the 13th this year!  So far so good =)
  • Options
    For you I would say go for the discount!!!  I actually hate the number 13 i cant even leave the volume on my car radio on 13.  So I guess I am superstitous but if I wasnt I would for sure be booking on the 13th too.  We are doing the 20th instead. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks so much for all your help! I was thinking of kind of making a joke about it and using it as an underlying theme for the reception. Our family is kind of superstitous about it, but they aren't the ones paying for it. You guys definitely made me feel a little less uneasy about it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_friday-13th?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:e5156cbe-d9ef-419a-ac78-f50b1bd8a45fPost:17503ce6-f7dd-4935-af70-0c127d29beea">Re: Friday the 13th?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks so much for all your help! I was thinking of kind of making a joke about it and using it as an underlying theme for the reception. Our family is kind of superstitous about it, but they aren't the ones paying for it. <strong>You guys definitely made me feel a little less uneasy about it.</strong>
    Posted by ajuhass423[/QUOT

You're welcome!   =)
  • Options
    Our venue is already booked for all Fridays in August. We're probably going for Friday the 13th & we don't care at all. I was actually hoping for a discount as well.
    My FI proposed on April Fools Day so we're going for the "untraditional" holidays lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards