Louisiana-New Orleans

NWR: Isaac

I know a lot of brides on this board are OOT, but for my local ladies: Are you evacuating or "sheltering in place"? And most importantly, how are you protecting all your wedding gear, especially the dress??

I went with FI to FMIL's house, because my street floods very easily. My mom has my dress, 2 of the bridesmaids' dresses, and a bunch of other wedding supplies. I'm not sure if she's keeping them at her house or my grandparents' house, but I know she'll protect them. :)

Stay safe ladies, whatever you decide to do!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
bridesmaids-2
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NWR: Isaac

• I live a little further out. I'm in Hammond so we are staying. We do however have some Kenner family members coming to stay with us. Stay safe and let us know how everything goes!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We sheltered in place in slidell. I kept my wedding stuff with me. My dresses were at the alteration lady's house and she gets water, so she dropped them off since my house doesn't usually get water. We have been without power since yesterday though. My shower is next weekend which kind of sucks since a lot of my guest list have water in their homes. Might have to postpone :
  • edited September 2012
    Thankfully, we made out just fine. Power was back at our apartment Thursday night, and all wedding things were unharmed. Shower is still planned for the 23rd. A girl I went to high school with actually got married at Pat O's this Saturday just past!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
    bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards