Iowa-Quad Cities

Where to buy a wedding dress?

Where have you all had good luck dress shopping?  I'm headed to celebration, hopes, and probably storybook this weekend.  Where else do you all recommend?

Re: Where to buy a wedding dress?

• edited December 2011
    I'm from Dubuque so I went to Brides and Weddings in Manchester and it was great. Big shop lower priced dresses, great selection. I have also tried dresses on at CherylAnn Bridals in Dubuque.
    August 2011 Siggy Challenge - Favorite E-Pic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image 275 Invited image 113 Partying it up image 15 At home lonely image 145 MIA
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Storybook Ending and I loved it there! I didn't go anywhere else. My sister got her's at The Bridal Room and my friend went to Celebration. I thought Storybook Ending had a huge supply of dresses, and so does The Bridal Room.
  • edited December 2011
    I got my Maggie Sottero at Storybook and loved it! I got an awesome deal on my dress too.
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Another LOVE IT to Storybook!! FSIL bought there last year and it was number one on my list.

I'm going in on Saturday to see my dress, maybe I'll see you!
  • mvh2010mvh2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love, love, love Celebration!  I went to Storybook Ending (good selection and I know a ton of girls who have gotten their dress there.).  I also went to Hope's in Village of East Davenport and The Bridal Room.  I found my perfect dress at Celebration.  They have been wonderful to work with and the customer service is top notch.

Good Luck!
  • alliesonoalliesono member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Hope's Bridal and Celebration in Davenport, and also David's Bridal. I had great experiences at both Hope's and Celebration - ended up finding the perfect one at Celebration. It's a Sottero and Midgley. They are very knowledgable at both shops and it is a very comfortable setting.

I did not particularly like David's Bridal. The dresses seemed to be of lower quality than at the other two stores, even though the ones I was looking at were all in approx. the same price range. Also, the dressing rooms were very small and there was no where for my mom and bridesmaids to sit.

Good luck!
  • madstaylormadstaylor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Hopes in Davenport. My first choice was at Storybook Ending, but the dress was just too large for me to travel on a plane with. You might want to try Soiree in Dubuque.
  • kitc101kitc101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I LOVE The Bridal Room in Bettendorf. Robin and her staff are so helpful and nice! I highly recommend them.Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards