Connecticut

How to sit down in a ball gown....

I have always wanted a big ball gown for my wedding dress and now I have one.  However when I recently tried to sit down in it I had another issue, sitting down at a table the dress barely fits underneath it.  Someone suggested to me that I take off the slip that is underneath during dinner but I dont know that I wanna be undressing during dinner....Has anyone else had this issue? 

Re: How to sit down in a ball gown....

• Unfortunately I do not have any suggestions for you but this it totally cracking me up! the things we have to worry about as brides!!! Good luck, i hope it all works out!
  • I think I ended up sitting a little sideways when I ate dinner. Pulled all the dress to one side, slid into my seat, and let the extra dress hang off to my right (DH was on my left, so I wanted to sit closer to him). 

Getting back up is the hard part, I think. haha. Try not to step on your dress and find the ground again! 
  • Also make sure have have bridesmaid type ladies who can help you hold up the dress when you go to the bathroom!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Noooo! Sit backwards on the toilet, no need to have anyone help you pee!  Well, technically it depends upon the size of your dress. But I pee'd all by myself. Just sit facing the wall, instead of the way you normally do on the toilet. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards