Connecticut

XP: Videographer

Hey everyone, I'm getting married in 8 days in Northeast CT, the reception is just over the boarder in Foster, RI.   We just found out that FI"s mother is ill and will not be able to make the wedding.  We would like to find a videographer so she will at least be able to watch it.  We hadn't originally planned to have one because of budget constraints, does anyone have any recommendations for an inexpensive videographer, amateurs are OK.  I figure even if I don't get the best professional, they will still be better than a wedding guest with a video camera.  TIA!
Photobucket

Re: XP: Videographer

• Oh good luck, that is a shame!  Maybe also would it be possible to live stream the wedding to her?  My cousin did this recently for his son's barmizvah.  They live streamed the ceremony the grandma who was in the hospital.  i think all you need is a video camera attached to a laptop with a wifi connection.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Call Dave Ladin at RI Video Pro! He is amazing, his packages are very affordable, and he can be booked last minute.  Here's his website: http://www.rivideopro.com/
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Thanks, Amanda.  I have him a call, unfortunately he is booked but I appreciate the suggestion. 

I'm just curious....is your quote the Flying Pickets song?
    Photobucket
  • You can try Chad Whelan - he has a budget package for $1200. It was the cheapest I could find when I was looking around. We decided to upgrade because it is a more traditional video but it will work for what you want!
  • Also, so sorry about your FI's mom. My husbands dad was released from the hospital just a week before our wedding. If he wasn't able to make it we were planning on giving him a laptop or ipad in the hospital and having someone skype the ceremony. Not ideal but at least he'd get to see it in real time!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_xp-videographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:f589d999-9b27-4d12-8676-a0237599915ePost:a1ab2bd7-b40a-4814-8ff6-53ae3ed3ee44">Re: XP: Videographer</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, Amanda.  I have him a call, unfortunately he is booked but I appreciate the suggestion.  I'm just curious....is your quote the Flying Pickets song?
    Posted by mlperkins12[/QUOTE]

The quote is from a Joshua Radin song..but I believe he remade it from an 80's song. I'm not sure if it was the Flying Pickets though. The Joshua Radin version was our first dance and our friend actually played it on the guitar and sang his own version for us.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • I was going to suggest RI Video Pros too. You should see if he has any recommendations for other videographers that might not be booked. 

Fran Gagnon films is really nice, but I'm not sure on their budget or availablity. 
  • I'm so sorry to hear about your FI's mother. Capture It All has a raw video package for only $550 right now, so you could check with them. Otherwise, I recommend looking on Craig's list. Good luck!
  • Thanks for the great suggestions ladies!  I was able to find a couple of vendors with availability within our price range, thank you for the help!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards