South Asian Weddings

coconuts for reception?

so, i just came up with this crazy idea because im eating a coconut right now and i was thinking...what if i had fresh young coconut for everyone at their tables? what do you think?

Re: coconuts for reception?

• edited December 2011
    Oh wow very original!! great idea reminds me of eating cocunuts back home in india when I was a baby!! :) all desis love young fresh cocunuts as long as I know
  • edited December 2011
    do you think it'd be good for a reception thats in the summer? I asked a few people and they think that it wouldnt work because people may be allergic.. but if they are allergic, they dont have to eat it. haha, i just thought it'd be a neat thing to have.  btw, what/who are desis?

and i checked out the promo for the movie, the guy is totally handsome!
    the only indie (bollywood) film i've see is Bride and Prejudice with Aishwarya. loved it! and of course, Slumdog Millionaire.
  • edited December 2011

I really like the idea for a summer wedding, if ppl are oppose to it you can use it as a garnish for your wedding signature drink, it would look so cool and then ppl have a choice of eating it or not!

Yes am in love with hrithik..oo la la lol..what FI doesnt know doesnt hurt him ;)
  • edited December 2011
    yeah, we're not sure if we're even having a signature drink. but we'll see.

and you're so right! the movie IS in english right? I want to watch it!
  • edited December 2011

Hmm dont know if it will be in english, but they always have english subtitles
  • edited December 2011
    Are they going to be cut with flowers inside them? Because they usually start turning a brownish color once cut. 
  • edited December 2011
    you got mail! 
  • edited December 2011
    Would they be pre-cut?  I can imagine that getting a little messy, especially once they are open and people are trying to chip out the meat.  Coconut is delicious, but I'm just wondering the logistics.  Are you having an outdoor wedding?

BTW, you should really check out some other real bollywood movies.  Bride and Prejudice is pretty lame in comparison.  If you like Aishwarya, you could try Devdas, Umrao Jaan (new one), Guru, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Mohabbatein, etc. 
  • SonaliPopSonaliPop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Make sure it's pre cut. They are tedious to do. Maybe turn that idea into something for your cocktail hour.
  • edited December 2011

if i do coconuts, they'll already be pre-cut and @KingofPop, flowers will be in them. =)

@sonalipop, they will be for cocktail hour. FI suggested that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards