Colorado-Denver

Choosing a venue-- help!

My fiance and are looking to have our wedding in Sept or Oct 2012. A lot of people, most actually, will be coming from out of town, so we don't have the numbers yet. I'm expecting about 75-125 guests. We have a budget of $15,000 but this includes all my dress, hair, stuff etc. I've been looking at venues online and have really liked Hudson Gardens, the Manor house in Litteton, and the Lionsgate-- those are more my taste (I like gardens and mansions!!). Do you have any reccomendations on other places? We're going to the convention on the 21st so hopefully we'll get some more ideas then. I was hoping to find a place where I could supply my own alcohol (so that kind of leaves out a lot of hotels) to save money. Anything would be MUCH appreciated. THANKS!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Choosing a venue-- help!

• edited December 2011
    i grew up near hudson gardens, love it there. it's gorgeous and affordable and i know (personally) lots of people who have gotten married there

you might want to look in all inclusive packages (venue+food) if you want to stay with in budget
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My boss just got married at the Major House in the Ken Caryl Valley and it was BEAUTIFUL!  They had about 125-150 guests and their wedding was wonderful.  Plenty of room for cocktail hour, beautiful outdoor ceremony area, tented dinner and dance floor.  Adequate parking and beautiful photo opportunities in that area.  I would highly recommend the Manor House just as a recent wedding guest there.
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • edited December 2011
    I just did a tour of manor house yesterday and I was really not impressed. It cleans up nicely for weddings but I kept hearing a lot of promises on projects. I ultimately chose not to go with them for that reason. If they promise all these projects will be done and cleaned up by next year and come to find out they arent done, I would be really disappointed. Not to mention Kelly at manor house is INCREDIBLY difficult to get a hold of and I can just imagine tryign to troubleshoot before the wedding. They did not seem very professional. maybe in a couple years with they finish all their projects and get more staff to help.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Lionscrest Manor up in Lyons is stunningly beautiful. If you're a mansion fan, check it out. We decided against it because it's not convenient and up a very steep/windy unpaved road-- not for us. Might be great for you though!
    Anniversary
  • kjkummerkjkummer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those are all great venues... I think i toured the manor house and I wasn't too impressed, but never been to the other two.  I looked at hudson gardens online but didn't like the fact that they have more than one event going on at a time.  Lioncrest I don't know too much about but it's also really nice.

A venue in Larkspur just opened up that might fit your needs.  It's called Lazy H Ranch and it's $3,000 for the entire day.  That doesn't include chairs, tables, rentals, etc, but it's a beautiful space that you pretty much can customize to your own taste.  check it out, www.lazyhranchevents.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards