Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Quiting my job? Moving in with Jason? Back to college?...PHEW..I am tired! (and a question!)

So you heard it...I am tired of living almost 3 hours away from him and my whole family. I hate my job anyways....since my surgery I am DREADING going back...so why the heck should I??

....tomorrow I am going to brave the 3 hour drive and check out some apartments (Jason currently has a roomie who well, I don't want to live with since he is almost out of unemployment money and makes NO attempt at finding a job) ...

I applied for 20 jobs in the past 2 days...and I am just ready. I am DONE with you Sacramento...I am DONE with you Verizon Wireless....I am just DONE.

Its time to finish my degree and work a job I love...rather than just one to pay the bills....

.....since starting your wedding planning....have you come to any sort of live changing conclusions?? Revelations?

All of you have actually been really inspiring to me...and I know that now, I am just READY!

Have a great day people ^_^
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Quiting my job? Moving in with Jason? Back to college?...PHEW..I am tired! (and a question!)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good for you! It may be tough for a little while but in the end it will be worth it. Having a supporting spuse def makes a difference.
  • Options
    pebbs_17pebbs_17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good for you!  Where does Jason live?  I'm a NorCal girlie too :)
  • Options
    Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good for you - if it feels right then it's right, sounds like you have peace of mind with this decision. Three hours apart from FI wouldn't work for me at all!
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YAAAAYYYY PUNKY!!!!!

I'm so happy for you ((BIIIG HUUUG))

What great decisions!!  You're taking control and moving toward your ideal life.
    You must feel so proud of yourself!!

GO YOU!!!!

And 3 hours from Jason? YIKES!!!  I'm so happy you guys are goin to cohab it up!
    love's better when you're together :)

I love how resolved and happy you seem to be with your decision.  I can't wait to hear how everything works out and all about ur new job and new place!

KEEP US INFORMED!!!!!

To answer your question:
    I recently made the decision to stop certain pursuits in the entertainment industry for now and follow the path that's been tugging at my heart for a while.  I'll be going to grad school for counseling and starting my wellness coaching biz up again but with a lot more to offer :) I've also resolved to return to working for "the man" while John finishes premed and starts med school so he can focus on school and not worry about bills.  We're going to have a busy few years before kiddie time. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, Punk!  I hope the job search pans out well for you, good luck!

Now that the wedding is done and behind us, we're starting to focus on moving out of Las Vegas by 2015.  We have a lot of work to do to our house, and I'm eager to get that ball rolling.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY!! I remember how hard it was to not live close to your SO! We were only  1 1/2 hrs. thou so not as bad.....So are you moving more South? Also...My BFF lives is Sac and HATES it and can't wait to move.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all the love and support...it just hit me a couple of days ago and REALLY hit me last night. I am ready to move on with my life....and well, unless I do something about it....it wont happen so here I am...doing something about it!

JaydensMommy.... really?? ^_^ I will  be moving to San Jose...whoohoo! Currently I live east of Sacramento but Sacramento is the biggest close city, so I just run with it.

Dani....if you were local, I would totally hire you as a wellness coach! I miss New York (used to live in Brooklyn) ...Is your guy going to try and get a hospital in New York or will you end up having to move when he residency comes up?

Impslave....I sure hope you get out of Vegas...I remember you saying Seattle or somewhere in the PNW....I still vote Portland ^_^

Stinker....everyone here HATES it..hahaha Especially after living in Portland the past 3 years...moving to this area has been hard. I feel so disconnected, there is no real sense of community and I have to DRIVE everywhere...I am an angry driver....haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    so fun!  i love change.  we moved to DC in 2009 and are already looking to make a big move again (back to the Midwest...we can't fight the fact that the Midwest is just where we fit in)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Good for you !!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_quiting-job-moving-jason-back-collegephewi-am-tired-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:325f6661-d226-4db4-a9e1-efbdff578c3fPost:6bba1b09-0ea5-43a6-a172-c273679ab5d5">Re: Quiting my job? Moving in with Jason? Back to college?...PHEW..I am tired! (and a question!)</a>:
    [QUOTE] Dani....if you were local, I would totally hire you as a wellness coach! I miss New York (used to live in Brooklyn) ...Is your guy going to try and get a hospital in New York or will you end up having to move when he residency comes up? [/QUOTE]

He's in his final premed year now so I'm hoping to move for med school!!! I'm rooting for him to get accepted to ones in FL!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeay, good on you! I love those revelation moments when it's like a mist clears and you just know the right thing to do! Had one myself recently too! Have wanted to be an Art Teacher for ages and have put it off wanting to get as much life experience and do all the little things I always wanted to do before getting myself a proper career. I'm doing a part time fashion course at the moment and working in a clothes shop. I had one day a few weeks back where everyone was so rude and I was standing on the fitting rooms bored out of my mind and thought "that's it, I can't do this anymore, I'm going to become a teacher!" I think you need those moments sometimes to give you a kick into action?

I know how you feel being far away from your other half. When Steve and I first met, I lived in London and he in Ireland and we had to fly over to see one another. It was hard and so after nearly a year I gave up the best job ever and moved to Ireland. Don't regret it though. It must be so much harder for you doing a job you dislike and being so far away?

Good luck with your long journey and your apartment and job hunting. It'll all work out how it is supposed to be! x
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    aw great story charlie!!!

YAY for everyboooodddyyyy!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Dani! Good luck with your new pursuits! Hope you're in luck and get to move to FL (that is Florida yeah?!!) cos that would be amazing!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards