Texas-San Antonio
Options

San Antonio Riverwalk wedding help!

Hey everyone,
I'm a newly engaged bride-to-be and my fiance and I want to get married at the San Antonio Riverwalk. My fiance was born in San Antonio, but we now live in Georgia. We are paying for most of the wedding ourselves, and are looking for churches and reception venue ideas in the San Antonio area. We would like the reception area to be on the riverwalk in San Antonio that isn't too expensive. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?!
Thanks!
Heather

Re: San Antonio Riverwalk wedding help!

• Options
    DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! Congrats! A website that I use a TON is sanantonioweddings.com
    It has a lot of great reception locations and pricing/contact info, plus there are a ton of gorgeous hotels on the riverwalk that advertise on that website.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    http://www.marriageisland.webs.com/

Located on the riverwalk!

10. Marriage Island

San Antonio's Riverwalk is renowned for picturesque colonial architecture, beautiful trees and lovely scenery. It's especially romantic in December, when the trees are decorated with over 100,000 twinkling lights. This island in the middle of the river is a favorite spot for weddings, and has been affectionately dubbed "Marriage Island." After your wedding, enjoy a boat ride down the river.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for a church on the Riverwalk, there are plenty.  If you don't mind an outdoor spot, Marriage Island is wildly popular.  Some hotels accommodate Riverwalk ceremonies as well.  If you happen to be Catholic, San Fernando Cathedral has two parish halls, one in the same plaza as the church and the other about a block away on Commerce St.  Together, renting both places (Church and a Hall) will give you a slight discount.  Here is their webpage:  http://www.sfcathedral.org/hallrental.html

If you want a non-denominational place, another option is La Orilla Del Rio Ballroom, which is rather inexpensive and is RIGHT on the Riverwalk!  It's so cute!  The only drawback is that you have to use their list of approved caterers and pay the city some fee of 15 or 20% of the amount spent on the food and drinks you provided your guests.  This fee is what kept us from using this space.  Otherwise, the rental of the LODR Ballroom is the lowest you can find in the area, the space is rather new, and it is in a good spot.  http://www.sanantonio.gov/riverwalkballroom/

Hope this helps and CONGRATS on your engagement!!!!  Smile
  • Options
    KLev4KLev4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would be careful with the sanantonioweddings.com website. They give your information to vendors, and the vendors have called me during the day while I'm at work. I have probably had 5-10 calls at inopportune times. I wish I had the option of viewing their website & reviews without giving my contact information. If I had it to do over, I would not have given them my information.
  • Options
    KLev4KLev4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would be careful with the sanantonioweddings.com website. They give your information to vendors, and the vendors have called me during the day while I'm at work. I have probably had 5-10 calls at inopportune times. I wish I had the option of viewing their website & reviews without giving my contact information. If I had it to do over, I would not have given them my information.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im probably doing marriage island too.

$200 to rent the island for 30 minutes and $125-150 for the officiant
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much for the help! I was reading information on the Marriage Island, but we are expecting to have somewhere between 125-150 guests and the island does not look big enough to fit everyone! Although, it is a good and inexpensive ceremony site! 

If anyone has any more suggestions feel free to post! 
  • Options
    intendtomarryintendtomarry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My planner works with a couple of venues downtown check her out at www.theweddingstudiosa.moon fruit.com
  • Options
    jl409jl409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in The Little Church of La Villita and our reception is at the Hotel Contessa.  The Little Church is off the riverwalk in a historic very cute area! To get married at The Little Church, it costs $700 plus the officiant $200 and if you want their organist $100.  There is a place just a few doors down from The Little Church called La Guadalajara.  It was the cheapest reception package we found near the church and the upstairs is pretty nice.  My fiance wanted our reception where there was a view of the river so we did not go with La Guadalajara.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards