New York-Upstate

Vendor Reviews for upstate NY- Photographer, DJ, Limo

Ok ladies, I wanted to share my experience with a few of our vendors we used for our 9/11 wedding. We got married in the Queensbury area, but the vendors we used are based out of Albany/Clifton Park area, so for those of you getting married in these areas, this will help you!

We used Aficionade Limo both for our wedding day limo and to drive us to the airport and back for the honeymoon. Billy Osta, the owner is GREAT! The prices were VERY reasonable, and were the best we found. The limo itself was so cool! We used the Chrystler 300 which was silver and so sleek. The inside was beautiful, stocked with a couple bottles of champange, bottled water, and of course champagne flutes.The driver was very friendly and fun. I can't say enough good things about them and would highly recommend them to anyone!

Our photographer was Robbin Manuel of Special Events Remembered. We met with her once before deciding on her. At our meeting she came comletely prepared with several albums of her work and a sheet with pricing and details for  the packages she offers. We though she was fun and down for anything as well as very talented and decided to go with her pretty much right after meeting with her. The day of the wedding she showed up full of energy and ready to go! We loved that she had no problem asking people to move this way and that, or certain poses, or to leave the room entirely so that she could get photos of just my fiance and myself. She took control and got the job done all while being friendly and fun. We had so many people come up to us and say that she was great. She also had an assistant with her, a young girl, who was also great. She would hold my bouquet and my train for me and she also had a camera and took pictures, many of which were absolutely stunning!

Another great perk of our photographer is she posts pictures as soon as the day after the wedding! It's only been 8 days and she has posted 110 photos already for us to view! I LOVE looking at pictures so for me this is such a huge deal.

For our dj we used Kenny Casanova. We picked him mostly because his price was SO good. We didn't get a chance to meet with him in person or watch him in action. On our wedding day, he was GREAT! He played the songs we wanted, he would make sure certain songs people requested were ok with us before playing them, and he knew how to keep the party going strong! My great grandfather was even up dancing!!! We even had an incident where the fire alarm went off ( a child pulled it in the hotel) and he played songs about fire and stuff and people thought it was hilarious. People were having so much fun we extended our reception for another hour and he gave us a decent price on adding another hour. People were having so much fun they didn't want to go home!

I hope I helped someone who is looking for one or more of these vendors for their wedding. I know when I was looking, I didn't find much help as far as recommendations from other brides. Good luck!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Vendor Reviews for upstate NY- Photographer, DJ, Limo

• NadiaKahnNadiaKahn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also used Kenny Casanova! We agree he was a lot of fun and also at a great price. He had a great start price and lots of options to customize the wedding so we got and only paid for just what we wanted. In the end, we added three packages and he was still about 30% cheaper than the other four DJs we had contacted.

He was really easy to work with, super laid back and understanding and very accomodating. He is out of Troy or Albany, NY area I think. We highly recommended him!   

518-506-3305 and  www.thedjservice.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards