Florida-South Florida
Options

Sylvia's Corset Shop

Hi Fellow Knotties...

I know I have not posted or have been or the board in some time. But, with the wedding now a week away, and then me also being in school, a full-time professional and mother of a 8 month old... I truly have been swamped. Yet, I felt the need to post my horrible experiences with this bra store.

I am not sure if many of you know Sylvia's Corset Shop. I was referred to this store by the store I purchased my dress at. I have small at the bottom, yet I require a larger cup, so this store in closest proximity to the dress store seemed perfect. I first went in the store about a week or two before Thanksgiving. The salesperson told me she would order it, and it would be back in less than a week. I was thrilled.

I waited, through Christmas. Made calls every week. Waited until after the first of the year. Made calls every week. Only to be told each and every time that the bra was being shipped, and that they would call me. They never called back, and the bra was NEVER shipped.

I finally had to resort to locating a bra myself. I found a store online, which had an extremely knowledgeable professional, who was able to talk me through the sizing and fitting process. After ordering 4 different bras, paying for shipping at least 3 times, I finally was able to get the perfect bra for my dress. Only within 3 weeks of the wedding. This entire bra episode took longer than me selecting a dress.

Please be weary of this location, especially if they tell you that they will order a bra for you. When I would call, I would reiterate how I desperately needed the bra, and wanted to make sure it worked with the dress. I also told them that if they could not order it or did not please tell me so that I could go elsewhere. I was always told that the bra was on its way. Now a week before the wedding, I was not even called...told I am sorry... or given an explanation.

Knotties, I can only pray that you do not have to go through what I went through, as it truly was a nightmare!!!!

Happy Planning ....
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Sylvia's Corset Shop

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards