African American Weddings

September 2010 Knotties...

how's the planning coming along??? Anyone nervous yet??  Surprisingly..I am NOT.  I'm a little anxious to make sure my dress fits.  It's all the way in California and I won't get there until next Friday.  SIXTEEN DAYS left for me and I'll be a Mrs. 

He that findeth a wife, findeth a GOOD THING!! small2 small Photobucket

Re: September 2010 Knotties...

• edited December 2011

WOW….Sixteen more days that’s awesome!!! I’m at 36 days and I can’t even believe it!!!  Don’t worry about your dress it will fit and you’ll look fabulous in it.

I’m down in Arkansas now finalizing things.  I had my final dress fitting last night.  It was awesome and the seamstress did an excellent job cutting it to length.  I got some other major checks.  Yesterday, I paid off our cake and florist bill.  I have a few more minor things to get done while I am here, but other than that I am in good shape.  I am not nervous or stress and I’m so happy about that!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • ufsweetiebearufsweetiebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have 15 days (September 4) and I'm a bit jittery. I feel like it snuck up on me even though we've been planning for over a year. Where did the time go?! I leave for Florida next weekend and I haven't packed a thing. I'm having nightmares about my walk down the aisle -- not getting married -- but the act of walking down the aisle with everyone staring at me. Eek! It still doesn't feel real... after all these years, the ups and downs, the laughs and cries, I'm about to be his WIFE. That's deep and I'm trying to wrap my head around it.
  • edited December 2011
    Date twin!!! Yay
    I am super anxious... This wedding (our marriage) consumes me!!! All of the planning is done, I'm just paying my life away!! LOL...
    I will say this... even through all of the DRAMA (Family and BM's) I would not trade this feeling and experience for anything. I know in my heart that our day is going to be bomb.com and our marriage is going to be the business... The 2010 Cosby's! Ha!

Good luck all my September brides... especially my date twin!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_september-2010-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:36aaaa18-01fa-4fcc-a969-8f8701828275Post:ce917488-f58d-48ce-b8ab-d4db76ee3e0d">Re: September 2010 Knotties...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have 15 days (September 4) and I'm a bit jittery. I feel like it snuck up on me even though we've been planning for over a year. Where did the time go?! I leave for Florida next weekend and I haven't packed a thing. I'm having nightmares about my walk down the aisle -- not getting married -- but the act of walking down the aisle with everyone staring at me. Eek! It still doesn't feel real... after all these years, the ups and downs, the laughs and cries, I'm about to be his WIFE. That's deep and I'm trying to wrap my head around it.
    Posted by ufsweetiebear[/QUOTE]

I'm at 29 days but feel exactly the same way. FI and I have been together close to 7 years and I can't believe we weathered all the storms. I can't wait to be his wife!
  • MrsJJohnson2BMrsJJohnson2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies, I've been gone for a while! How many Sept 4 brides are there!

I getting excitied ready to give everything to DOC on wednesday after then Im a bride......
    Anniversary
    161image 131image 10image20image RSVP Date August 1
  • edited December 2011
    15 more days!!!!  much like you I am not nervous...yet!!  Things are coming together and I am READY!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    HOLY COW!! It is FIFTEEN and not sixteen days away...actually I wrote this late last night so I was still feeling like it was saturday but dag. Tomorrow will be TWO WEEKS YALL. (For the 09/04's).  That is insane to me.  It felt like it crept up on me.  I just praise God that I finished everything. Now we're just handing out money.  We fly to California next Friday. I'm spending this weekend in South Carolina with my mommy. Going to pick up my son who I haven't seen in TWO MONTHS. I know he's gotten huge.
    He that findeth a wife, findeth a GOOD THING!! small2 small Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Sept5th, and feeling a bit jttery too, my sister/Maid of Honor, had an arguement yesterday and told me she cant wait till the wedding is over so we can live our happy perfect life together and leave her the hell alone.....as she takes back an a-hole that she wanted to kill herself over.

Im holding my tounge so hard I can taste blood, just so I can b happy and not stress b4 the wedding Yell

Sorry had to vent
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards