Catholic Weddings

TGIF!

I hope everyone has had a great week!  What's the plan for the weekend!

My husband should beat me home today (I even suggested that it would be nice if he'd come visit me at school).  I'm so excited I could burst.

I had another appointment with my OB, who really couldn't tell me much since H has been out of town for so long.  She did recommend coming in at a few key points in my cycle so she can do some tests, but that we'll just have to sort of "wait and see," since H and I can TTC a little more... frequently(?) now that he's home.

Almost better than the confidence that she's giving me, though, was the fact that she offered to help treat a non-fertility related problem I'm having.  Nothing too serious, I've just had a terrible cough since before Labor Day and nothing has made it go away, so she listened to my chest and throat and recommended some OTC allergy meds and offered to write a prescription for something stronger if that doesn't help.  It was so refreshing, because the walk-in clinic I went to a week ago just took one look at me and wrote a prescription for an antibiotic.  As a biology teacher who gives a whole unit on antibiotic resistance, I get pretty annoyed at that kind of thing!

So what's up with y'all?
Anniversary

Re: TGIF!

• Yay for your H coming home Professor! I'm sure you can't wait to have him back!  How long has he been away?

Not much going on here, other than waiting forr my mom and sisters to get here this evening.  I had my dress fitting last night, which went really well!  It fits great,  and I'm really happy witth how it turned out.  The only thing I'm a little iffy on is that it felt a little long, and I stepped on it a few times during the fitting, so I might have to order another pair of shoes with a litle higher heel.  (I can't have the dress shortened at all, they took a hollow-to-hem measurement when it  was ordered b/c of the detailing at the bottom). 
  • Yay for H's coming home and dress fittings!!

I've been having a rough few days, but I'm trying to remain positive.  It doesn't help that I'm not really looking forward to the majority of my weekend.  I'm just waiting for next week to be over so I can be at the beach, relaxing.

• Sorry to hear it's been a rough couple of days Resa - sending positive vibes your way from the Midwest! 

The beach sounds pretty  great though, especially with our recent snap of colder weather here.
  • Well, I imagine the beach will be pretty chilly.  Temps have dropped, and then there's the wind that is ever-present near the beach, so I don't think I'll exactly be lying out on the sand, catching rays.  I will, however, be able to enjoy the heated pool and the hottub, so I can't complain :)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_tgif-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:c4f5102b-8d08-48e6-8272-e8ce6b311de6Post:286da8ef-fa3f-4c86-8ac0-67dd9965deb3">Re: TGIF!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, I imagine the beach will be pretty chilly.  Temps have dropped, and then there's the wind that is ever-present near the beach, so I don't think I'll exactly be lying out on the sand, catching rays.  I will, however, be able to enjoy the heated pool and the hottub, so I can't complain :)
    Posted by Resa77[/QUOTE]

Ah, that's right - I remember now that you mentioned your upcoming beach trip awhile back, and it was to a US beach.  At first I was thinking you were jetting away to somewhere tropical!  The heated pool and hottub will be awesome though.  Hot tubs seem better to me when it's a little chillier outside anyway, rather than in the middle of a hot summer.
  • Oh, Resa, I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time.

Erin, there might be a way to shorten your dress from the waist, but it might be pretty pricey.  That's so exciting, though!

Also, H has been gone since June 25.  I'm soooo excited!
    Anniversary

• Yay! for your H coming home, Prof. Now, I just hope that his meany-pants bosses let him stay for awhile so that you can, you know, live with him (and work on that Baby Prof. thing).

*hugs* for you, Resa. I hope that a weekend away and a long soak in the hot tub will help brighten things up. If there's anything I can do for you, know that I'm here.

Dress fittings are the best -- I felt like they really got me excited for the Big Day, and made it real that I was the bride.

AFM -- I am spending the afternoon with a friend and her baby. Then tomorrow morning, we're taking the baby to the zoo (she'll enjoy getting pushed around outside even if she's way too little to enjoy the animals), and H is taking me on a date that night (and his parents are babysitting)!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Biblio -- thanks :)  Going to the zoo sounds really fun.  And even if C is too little to reallly appreciate the animals, it'll still be a nice family day.  Will Sat night's date be the first since C's arrival?  Do you know where he's taking you?

• My weekend should be interesting...FI's mother and step-father are coming for a visit.  We'll be spending most of the time with my parents in my hometown in NH, doing wedding-related things with some sightseeing thrown in.  We're going to show his mom the church and the reception location (which I have yet to see - my FI actually picked it out and booked it!), and then we're having lunch at a potential rehearsal dinner location.  I think it could be a bit challenging, as FI's mother has very strong opinions that she likes to voice, but I'm going to try to roll with it.  After that, we're planning to tour a brewery in town and hopefully check out a historic covered bridge or two.  It will be busy, but it will also be nice to have the two families together.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Haha, elbow, just be strong!  My MIL was very opinionated (and at one point basically told me she wanted to make sure her friends were impressed by our wedding/reception), but everything worked out in the end!

What part of RI are you getting married in?  H and I are going to a wedding in Newport in just a few weeks!
    Anniversary

• elbow23elbow23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_tgif-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:c4f5102b-8d08-48e6-8272-e8ce6b311de6Post:45816a47-3d8b-46b0-9ad9-2e750b990368">Re: TGIF!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha, elbow, just be strong!  My MIL was very opinionated (and at one point basically told me she wanted to make sure her friends were impressed by our wedding/reception), but everything worked out in the end! What part of RI are you getting married in?  H and I are going to a wedding in Newport in just a few weeks!
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

We're actually getting married in southern New Hampshire (where I grew up), not Rhode Island (where I'm in school).  It was important to me to have my wedding in the parish where I did everything else - First Communion, Confirmation, etc.  Not to mention things are just cheaper in NH!

Newport is beautiful, though.  A couple of months ago, FI and I went and did the cliff walk, and the mansions there are just amazing.

(Edited for spelling)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Prof, I'm so freaking excited for you! Yay!! Is he home for good now? Or at least for a while?

My husband just informed me he is out of town each week for basically the entire fall so that left me feeling pretty crabby pants this week. But I'm trying to overcome that bad mood so I can enjoy the weekend and the lovely fall weather and hopefully convice the mister we should have Chipotle for dinner which I have been thinking about all week.

Resa - thumbs down to crummy weeks. I hope the time between now and vacation flies by. I'm standing here in my chilly house (I refuse to turn on the heat yet!) just thinking of how nice a soak in the hottub would be :)

Tomorrow LIttle Mister and I have our first "swim" class and it will be his first time in the water (besides bath) so that should be fun. I was supposed to teach a Billings class in the afternoon but had no registrations so I get to spend the whole day with the dudes instead.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards