Maryland

Dress Shopping Locations

Does anyone have any recommendations for dress shopping locations in Maryland?  I'm on the Eastern Shore but would like to travel to a place that has lots of inventory.  Any thoughts?

Re: Dress Shopping Locations

• MEGS_UMDMEGS_UMD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I went to Bridals by Elena for my gown. They have a pretty good selection and it's one of the closest places to the eastern shore. Elena and Katya (probably spelled her name wrong) were great to work with. I would check out their website to see if they have a designer whos style you like. 

556-D Ritchie Highway, Severna Park, MD‎ - (410) 975-0076
    Same shopping center as Bill Batemans
  • edited December 2011
    I live in cumberland, which is in Western Md but I am partial to Alfred Angelo. Everything I wanted to try on they had. I shopped at the Cumberland Boutique but I think there is also one in Fredrick. Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Great!  Thank you guys! :)
  • edited December 2011
    You should go to Simons in Dover.  That is where my bridesmaid picked out our gowns and got her own. I can only say do not go to Sheers in Pocomoke.  We were there last weekend and it was terrible! The service was bad.  They even lost a friend of mines dress!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    You know, I was considering Simon's!  Thanks for the recommendation.  I have also heard some not so great things about Sheers and I'd personally NOT recommend Candlelight Bridal.  I went there a few weekends ago and the service was awful!  The salon was incredibly DIRTY and it was so hot in there that I had to leave after just a few dresses.  The dresses were wrinkled and not taken care of.  Waste of a day for sure!  

Simon's looks promising!  Thank you!!
  • edited December 2011
    i bought my dress from Scher's in Pocomoke City (I live in Salisbury). The owners, Jill and Mark, are SO nice. THey opened the store just for me at 9 a.m. on a Sunday morning so I could bring my friend who was visiting in to see my dress before I bought it. Also, you get free alterations if you buy your dress there, and so do your bridesmaids.

I went to Simon's. The dress I eventually bought was a little cheaper there, but the saleswoman tried to tell me I wouldn't need alterations when the size I was wearing was clearly puckering because it was too small. I just got a bad feeling from them. However, they have a ton of inventory, so it's a good place to browse.
  • edited December 2011
    I love in Salisbury, too! :)  What a small world!

You are right about Simon's!  I went there last weekend and their inventory was truly incredible.  SO much stuff.  The most expensive gown they had there was $1,900 so the prices were great.  They had some really couture looking gowns, some destination wedding type gowns, and your typical princess gowns.  I was there from open to close on Saturday trying on gowns and while they were not overly nice to me...they were manageable.  For example, my sales lady did not ask me what type of wedding we were having until half way through the appointment and didn't even know my name until I was walking out of the door.  A little strange but it was totally worth it because they have so much stuff! 

I'll have to check out Scher's if my shopping trip to Jennifer's does not work out this weekend.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards