Wisconsin

Ceremony Music

Hello Wisconsin Brides:

I am getting married in a little over a month and have not found my ceremony music yet!  I have found the exact songs that I want to have sung/played, but I  can't find anyone to do them!  They are Contemporary Christian songs from their artists.  Preferably it would be a couple of people with true Christian hearts as we can't really afford anything elaborate, but would feed them!

If I can't find anyone, I will have to have a CD being played while I walk down the aisle, which I really don't want.

Please help!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony Music

• kitty02katkitty02kat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where are you having the ceremony?  If you're near a college/university- you may contact their christian student organizations- they ususally have worship bands and if they're anything like the college students i work with- they'd love free food! :) 
  • msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When you said "We will feed them" are you asking that they play for free? (Since they have true Christian hearts?) 
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • edited December 2011
    Free is best but if we had to pay, we can only give $50-$100 which isn't enough in some people's minds.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you're going to have to pay more than that or ask a friend/family member. 

Also, you're a month out, so that is NOT a lot of time to learn the music you have picked out!
    ~ Missie

imageimageimage
    image image image
  • masonwalkermasonwalker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_ceremony-music-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:5865689c-e823-4e6b-b1d3-445dea613ee4Post:6eebac09-9cba-4ac2-83ec-271dfde7789d">Re: Ceremony Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you're going to have to pay more than that or ask a friend/family member.  Also, you're a month out, so that is NOT a lot of time to learn the music you have picked out!
    Posted by msteph82[/QUOTE]

THIS.

Also seriously you expect someone to learn your music on their own time within a month and play at your wedding for a free meal? ouch
    Photobucket
  • cc7003cc7003 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_ceremony-music-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:5865689c-e823-4e6b-b1d3-445dea613ee4Post:a2722dc7-1196-4530-a7d1-c8f7e4cd578a">Re: Ceremony Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]Free is best but if we had to pay, we can only give $50-$100 which isn't enough in some people's minds.
    Posted by mrsweber11[/QUOTE]

I would think like a poster above said, that you'd have luck with a college student (or even a high school student) for that amount of money. If you're getting married at a church I'd ask around there for recommendations. Or try to speak to a music teacher at your local high school--I'll bet they would be able to take your info and pass it on to interested students.
    image 125 made the cut! RSVP date--August 22
    image 108 are ready for photobooth fun! image 19 are camera-shy!
    image 0 Can't find the post office!
    Vacation
  • ms.jessms.jess member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a cd when I walked down the aisle and it was fabulous. In my opinion, no one can sing a song better than the original. So I got to have Train sing as I walked down the aisle, which is what I really wanted anyway!

And the BEST part is, if you feed a cd player, it will break, so you save your self the fee, plus the food!
    I am married to my best friend, my soulmate, my fence post.
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_ceremony-music-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:5865689c-e823-4e6b-b1d3-445dea613ee4Post:52b8800a-e3ed-48fe-b9b0-f5f29f1a5664">Re: Ceremony Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]And the BEST part is, if you feed a cd player, it will break, so you save your self the fee, plus the food!
    Posted by ms.jess[/QUOTE]

^*like*^
    ~ Missie

imageimageimage
    image image image
  • Pod0512Pod0512 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP who said to check with your local christian organizations or the church you're getting married in (if you are).  They're probably your best bet, and if your song choices aren't obscure, they probably already know them.

Even if they do agree to play for free, I would give them at least a little something more for their time than food.
    PitaPata Dog tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards