June 2013 Weddings
Options

"Night" Reception?

We are having an outdoor wedding & reception. At the reception, I want to be able to light the candles on the tables (and have oodles of lanterns and lights in the trees and junk) without looking like a complete moron (lol a candle in the daylight is pointless). June has the longest days (ours is the 29th). So we would have to have the wedding pretty late for it be getting  dark. What time-ish would you say would be a good time? My dad says 8:00 but I think that is wayyyy too late for the ceremony. And plus, at my sister's wedding, everybody stayed for a very long time after the reception. I would say all guests were gone by 10 or 11 (the ceremony started at 3)...

I was guessing 6ish?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: "Night" Reception?

• Options
    It definitely wont be dark by 6 though, not even by 7.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I don't want it to be dark for the ceremony, just the reception. I just don't want it to be so late that most guests won't be able to make it...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think 630-7 is probably ideal.  At that time of year, the sun sets pretty late and that happens to be the beginning of the magic hour of photography opportunity where the lighting is just right.  You want to try to at least get the him and you pictures done after the ceremony during this prime photo opp.  I would ask your photographer what they suggest and try to take it into consideration.  (I am speaking from non-experience, meaning I know this magic hour exists but not the specifics like a real photog would know)

I have been to weddings at 7pm and it was no problem.  Outdoor ceremonies are rather short so it is nice that guests don't really have to wait long to get dinner.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I think 6:30-7pm would be great! Like PP said there will be perfect lighting for pictures! :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think 6 or 7 should be good.
  • Options
    My cermony starts at 6:30, which I think is good (ceremony & reception are beside eachother).  I checked sunset on the day and its 8:15.   We're having a cocktail hour so I guess we will be sitting down to dinner at about 8, which I wouldn't want to go much later than.

I also think candles/lanterns will be beautiful even if it isn't 100% dark yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would say around 7:00 pm. That's not so late and dinner can still be at a decent time. We are having an outdoor evening wedding ceremony and will probably have it around 7:00 pm. It's pretty hot in Texas in mid June so we are hoping it won't be so bad at 7:00. Our reception will be inside.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm with everyone else about 6 or 7.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards