Outdoor Weddings

How to decorate?? PIP

This is my ceremony site, any suggestions on how to decorate or should I just leave it the way it is?

theres flowers all over the park and even a rose garden.

Heather & Michael

Re: How to decorate?? PIP

• edited April 2011
    I would leave it as is.  It is absolutely lovely!  You can spend that part of your budget on something else.

I might be biased - I had no ceremony decor at our lake front wedding - I thought the scenery was pretty enough.  It's hard to top mother nature :)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • If you are actually going to have the ceremony there in that exact spot, maybe just one or two things to stand out for pictures would be good.  Like an archway with flowers, or a runner with flower petals, or some tall pillar candle holders on either side.  Perhaps even just something small on the ends of the chair rows would be enough.  I would keep it simple, if you do anything. 
  • The MOST I would do is maybe hang a pomander ball or two and do some petals on the sides of the aisle.
  • I was thinking about doing paper polamander balls (martha stewert weddings) on each isle. I really dont like decorated arches so thats why I was asking
    Heather & Michael
  • I think lining the aisle, like with pomanders, would be great.  You might also find some pretty tree/branches/flowers of some sort to set up at the end of the aisle where the ceremony will actually take place, but that's completely optional.  I wouldn't go for the arch because I feel like it might compete with architecture, but some sort of tall decoration would be lovely.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • that is gorgeous! i really wouldn't do much with that, just leave as is. maybe just decorate the aisle for a bit of color. 
  • For the ceremony which typically takes 1/2 hr I wouldn't fuss at paying for decorations unless you plan to have them double as reception decor (ie flower bouquets etc)  I think it is beautiful just the way it is.

We are getting married underneath a beautiful gothic bridge (which we happen to view from our home as well) and on the other side is forest park.

We aren't decorating the ceremony area at all, except maybe an aile runner (to be decided) and some chairs.

The Luckiest Bride to be Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • doeie04doeie04 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment

On the two pillars in the middle, I would wrap an LED strand of lights and wrap some tulle around also. Then drape some across the top. (attach in middle and above pillars.) If you do this, make sure you use LED lights, if you use regular lights, they may catch the tulle on fire or melt it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would put one swag of flowers in the center of the collanade thing, right above where you'll be standing. And something along the aisle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards