Florida-West Coast

Cost of DJ vs. Bands?

Hi girls.  I'm looking to book (hopefully a band) the reception entertainment but I don't know how much to budget.  This site says $900 for my overall budget.  Does anyone have experience in this area?  I'm looking to book either a band for the first hour and DJ for the rest of the night, OR a band for all four hours.  Does anyone know the hourly rates I can expect for Zephyrhills/North Tampa?

Re: Cost of DJ vs. Bands?

• mitchsbridemitchsbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure I understand this: " This site says $900 for my overall budget."

Are you saying your budget for the band is $900?
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    mitch I think she means when you look at the budgeter tool and it says how much money you have to spend on each line item "dj" says 900.

That's doable with a DJ!
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ohhhh mitchsI know the feeling!
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • mandychampmandychamp member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, the budgeter tool I meant.  Thank you!  But I wish a band of some kind were affordable.  :(
  • LuckyHeatherLuckyHeather member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We found a band at a very reasonable price.  I really wanted a band and a DJ because I just love the feeling of live music.  When I checked prices I was seeing everything from 1000-1500 (too much for us). 

I kept telling my FH that I wanted a band like one of the bands that plays at the bar we really like, so one day I asked if they would be willing to play at the wedding.  They said yes and viola! Only $650 (if I am remembering correctly). 

If you can go out and listen to a few, approach one you like and ask.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards