April 2013 Weddings

SO EXCITED!!!

So my Dad called me this morning to tell me he had good news that he found out yesterday (he didnt want to tell me yesterday as I was bawling to him becase my Mom was being very rude {they are divorced so my Dad hears a lot of my venting} ) Anyways!! He found out that he can rent a brand new electric wheelchair that can stand him up so he can "walk" down the aisle with me ... and the only requirements are that we send the company lots of pictures for marketing!!! I'm so happy right now as this is my Dads dream and although he has been in a chair for 12 years now I know that it would have killed him to not be able to stand and "walk" hand in hand with me down the aisle...needless to say I am an emotional wreck today!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: SO EXCITED!!!

• That's awesome!! That will be a really special moment, and probably make everyone cry!

My dad passed away a few years ago, so I put a picture I love of him and me in a little locket type thing that will go on my bouquet, so that he can still "walk" me down the aisle, because that was really important to him. Gotta love those dads :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ahh!!  That's so awesome!  I love hearing stories like this :)
  • Wow, that's so great!
  • Oh, how amazing!!!!  Please, please, PLEASE come back and share that photo with us!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • That is going to make me cry! Amazing! I am so happy for you and your Daddy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
  • That's so adorable! 
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Aww, that brought tears to my eyes. That is wonderful!
  • I have seen these chairs. I think one was featured on a Say Yes to The Dress episode.  I was bawling just seeing it!!  You better provide tissues for everyone!!

That is so wonderful - so happy for you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That is so great!  What a wonderfull thing to hear!
  • jesslamb830jesslamb830 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Thanks girls!!! It really means a lot to me...and I will defintely be sharing pictures
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes tissues will be required!

I am so happy for you and your dad to be able to walk down the aisle together.
    Anniversary
  • Love this!  My dad is ill and has trouble walking, but is insisting on doing it.  Can't wait to see a picture!
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker 168 invited image | 61 are coming image | 10 can't make it image | 97 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 9th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards