October 2012 Weddings
Options

My turn to vent!

Until today, I have dealt with the stress of pIanning the wedding.

Here's my vent!
 I visited my mother today to drop off my wedding dress and shoes. I am getting ready at her pIace.

WeII she starts off with, "It's going to be dark by the time you have your ceremony".
We are getting married at 4 in the afternoon.Sunset is at 6.
Then she  teIIs me she was taIking to my brother who wanted to know if there was going to be an afterparty, ( I thought  a 4 hour reception would be enough.) She was aso worried about what peope were going to do after the reception, (I SAY GO HOME!)
THEN, he wants to know where everyone was staying? He had plenty of time to figure that out before now!!!

I don't know about him, but I want to be heading for my wedding suite by 8 and he is NOT staying with us! We have things to do! Wink

I feeI better after my vent. Thank you for Iistening!

Wedding Countdown Ticker86 Invited image
57 Aye!Will be in port! image
16 Nay,be out to sea. image
13 Are floundering! image

Re: My turn to vent!

• Options
    Ugh. Why why why do people feel the need to say things like this 2 weeks before the wedding? I mean seriously, they have to know you are under enough stress as it is. Unfortunately all you can do at this point in the game is let it roll off your shoulders. I would hope your brother wasn't thinking of staying with you lol. As you said you have "stuff" to do...hahahaha
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    AGREE!  The day before the wedding is FI's bday.  I thought we'd celebrate it by ourselves a couple of days before (or the day before) and then maybe have a casual dinner the on his bday in place of a rehersal dinner. 

Well FSIL keeps calling wanting to know plans for that dinner (can we make it later...at like 8.  WE both need our beauty sleep! I don't think so! haha)  She is also asking about the after party.  We have a 6 am flight the next morning and with O'Hare's lines it we'll need to leave the hotel around 3 am to make it on time.  So no after party for us!  If she wants to do something, I think she can plan it!

I feel for you!  I'm just making FI deal because it's his sis.  You don't have that luxury.  Sooo sorry.
  • Options
    That totally stinks that it's your problem to entertain adults that should know how to google bars/clubs on the Internet and figure out how to entertain themselves.  I would have said something snarky back like "an after party sounds like a fun thing for brother to organize!" 

Our reception is going to be ending a little early as well and IF we have time we might pull together a list of places where our OOT guests can go if they want to continue partying. 

• Options
    we've had several of FI's friends be surprised that we weren't letting them stay at our place... one of them has kids.. the last thing I want is kids running around my house on my wedding weekend while I'm trying to get ready and stressing to the max and I haven't even ever met them...and why does everyone expect us to be a frickin hotel on our wedding weekend! I mean seriously people
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards