California-Los Angeles

Bridesmaids Dresses in LA?

Hi Ladies! I just (unfortunately) moved to NorCal from LA last month, but am flying down to LA in a couple of weeks to go shopping for BM dresses with a few of my bridesmaids. I would like to make the most of my weekend there, and I would like to leave with a firm decision on BM dresses so I am asking for advice on where to go! I already got my bridal gown at Winnie Couture and I don't recall BM dresses in their inventory and have no idea where to go for dresses! Where did you girls get yours?

Thanks for the advice!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridesmaids Dresses in LA?

• michsancmichsanc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My future sis in law told me about a place called bella bridesmaid in los angeles....it looks like they have lots of dresses. You might want to google and yelp them. I also thought of looking at nordstroms...their website has lots of dresses. Not sure what your budget is but hope this helps!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have bridesmaids, but I selected a Bari Jay dress for my personal attendant to wear.  She ordered it from La Soie Bridal in Pasadena.  She said they were very nice to her and the ordering process was easy.  My MOH is wearing a dress she already owns. 

However, she called me tongue in cheek and asked if I would sign the consent form for her to order the dress. They told her they would not process the order without the bride signing off on the dress selection. I howled laughing at the idea but totally understood why they had such a policy. I have had clients who order a slightly different dress, despite the one the bride selected.  

I laughed even harder when I actually saw the terms of the release, especially since I don't have bridesmaids. It spoke to making sure they order the dress in the correct size, color, etc. and that the store was not responsible if people don't order their correct size, especially after measuring.  I suppose as a retailer, they have heard and seen all kinds of things and are trying to protect themselves from the unforeseen as best they can.  

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I hated all of the actual "bridesmaid" dresses, so we went with a swing dress from unique vintage in Burbank.  They also have a website.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ainsliejonesainsliejones member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Uniuqe Vintage Dresses are the brillient choice as a  bries maid dresses . I know one online shop onlygowns.com .Its very famous for wedding dresses , bridal gowns Evening Dresses and latest wedding Fall Dresses .
  • edited December 2011
    You can also check the Santee Alley in downtown LA...they have a lot of nice dresses for less than $100.  I got a beautiful strapless briesmaids dress there for like $40!!! It's better if you are buying more than 3...in cash.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards