Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Photographers

Hi everyone, 

Does anyone have any recommendations on photographers? I have someone in mind who lives out of state (Oregon), he actually shot my best friends wedding and did an amazing job! I was all for it until reality hit and I realized that wedding photography along with 2 flights to come out here (1 for the wedding, 1 for the engagement shoot) is going to cost around $4000 when it's all said in done. I'd like to stay around 3k and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on someone who is local. I think the best way I can describe how I want my photos is, I don't want anything that is super posed or cheesy. I want them to look like natural.. basically what a friend would take.. but better! This is a link to my friends wedding and it has the same kind of vibe of what I would like a local photographer to have... http://jayeads.com/alicia-michael/

Re: Photographers

• Options
    I think Randi Voss or even Katia Forero fit that type of photography. They are two that I'm eyeing up for my wedding and what I'm looking for is very similar to what you posted. Fresh, clear photos with a photojournalist style without that filter/antique look that a lot of photographers add to their photos.  I think Randi is a little more than $3k but Katia fits that.
  • Options
    I don't know anything about Katie Forero, but a friend got married earlier this year and used Randi Voss.  The photos were really great!
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    We had Randi Voss at our wedding. I truly, honestly do not have a negative or even neutral thing to say about her. She is awesome, there are things that went on at our wedding that I didn't even know happened until I saw the pictures. Randi and Nicki truly documented our day, we have over 800 edited pictures on two CDs. The link to our post on her blog is here (clicky). We also had ShotBox at our wedding. That post is here (clicky).

Everything being said, Randi is a little above your budget. And if you're willing to go over budget, I bet you won't regret it. I blew (and by blew, I mean $1K+ over) my budget on Randi, but it was so worth it. We're doing a TTD session in a few weeks too.

If you are not willing to go over budget, there are plenty of photographers in the area that will fit  your budget and do a good job. $3K is a nice budget and will get you good photos. Most of the photographers in the recommended vendors post are worth a look and should be in your budget.

ETA: don't forget you'll likely have to pay for the photog's hotel room too, if you flew someone in. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am sooo sad I couldn't book Randi, he was booked when I called him in Feb for my May 2013 wedding.. boo But yes I love his photography! We booked Theresa Glen and is very bubbly with amazing photography! What I like about her is for what you are paying you get so much! We chose a package that is 2300.00 it includeds e-pic session, rights to all the pics and an 8X10 (but I know someone who booked her after talking about her and we get extrea prints). Day of wedding we get full coverage from the time I say be there till the very end of the reception. We also get 3 albums 2- 8x8 albums and 1-10x10. All rights to pictures and a whole bunch of prints!  I also loved Caitlin Thomas but she was booked too :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    try 21moments (21moments.com). they're shooting our wedding in October, and their pictures are breathtaking. They're going to be at cavanaugh's bridal show in station square in two weeks, so you could check them out if you want :) They have some really great packages, photobooths, and they do candy bars, linens, invites, etc if you need to. Good Luck!
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    I used Randi Voss.  same as panther, I loved her.  I think she's worth raising the budget for, but that's me.

• Options
    I 1000000% recommend Katia Forero. She is our photographer. She takes some amazing photography, and she is an absolute joy to work with. In her about me section of her website she has a video of one of her engagement shoots, it shows how much fun it is and how easy she is to work with.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hands down, I'd reccomend my photographer Caitlin Thomas. She's AMAZING, takes such awesome photos and she's super sweet and just a nice person to chat with. We had our engagement session about a month ago and the photos are even better than I could have expected, so I'm super excited about what she's going to do at our wedding (down at Fallingwater :) ) If you're interested, these are our engagment pics : http://blog.caitlintphotography.com/2012/06/alexandra-craig-engaged/

I definitely spent more on her than I initially planned, but we picked an upgraded package for some extra hours. Came in a bit over 3k.
    Craig and Alix 2013 Fallingwater Wedding
    Lucky I'm in love with my best friend ... 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I would VERY HIGHLY recommend the photographer I used for my wedding, Don Wright (http://www.donwrightweddings.com).  He is a freelance photographer who specializes in sports & news & does a certain number of weddings per year.  He was AWESOME to work with, very laid back and just an all around nice guy.  He has several different packages with a wide range of prices.  His photos are very natural & he does a great job of drawing from his experience with sports & news to do a wonderful job of documenting the "story" of your wedding.  If you would like more info about Don please feel free to PM me, I didn't want to put way tooo much info in my response!Smile

Here is the link my wedding photos -- /> http://carminandpatrick.shutterfly.com/pictures/8
  • Options
    My fiance and I just got our engagement pictures done by Photography by Oneil which is a mother/daughter company.  They did an amazing job and they are also doing our wedding.  Their wedding packages are fairly reasonably priced and our package even included our engagement session!
  • Options
    okay.. not around here but may still work because he does travel. noah devereaux. his style is photojournalism and he's awesome at it. http://weddings.noahdevereaux.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards