Florida-Central Florida

Getting the ball rolling with vendors!

Hey everyone! :)

My wedding will by April 21, 2012 at the Lake Mary Events Center. We already have the venue booked (LOVE it), and I have my dress (Alfred Angelo). I purchased early because I was told the style was being discontinued.

Next step is meeting with caterers and photographers. Our top choice for caterers right now is John Michael.. it's in our price range and from what I saw, you get 4 entree choices, which is great. We'll also be meeting with Puff-n-Stuff, but they don't have any information on their website. :( I don't know what the food/pricing is like for a wedding of 130.

As far as photographers, we're going to reach out to Sandra Johnson first.  Then I think the next contact will be Jason Angilini. Both seem to be very minimalistic about filter and photoshop usage, which is a big deal.

Does anyone have any experience with these vendors (mainly John Michael Events and Sandra Johnson)?

Re: Getting the ball rolling with vendors!

• edited December 2011
    Never heard of either photog you mentioned, but I highly recommend Tara and Nickole from FatCatz Photography. They're freakin' awesome! Check out my bio for the proof. ;)
  • edited December 2011
    I just got married at LMEC two weeks ago. You can look at my vendor reviews if you want for some ideas! Good luck! :)

• edited December 2011
    I booked Sandra for my wedding in September and she's been awesome to work with! Smile
  • edited December 2011
    I also booked Sandra for our wedding in June and have loved working with her.  She's very nice and her work is lovely!
  • crimsonxskiescrimsonxskies member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!

FatCatz was being considered, but my fiance can't say the name with a straight face, so he'd rather we use someone else! haha. I'm glad to hear that others in the area are giving Sandra good reviews! I love her work, and am especially looking forward to learning more about her photobooth!

Thanks again!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married in May at the Lake Mary Events Center too! Anyways, I had a consulation with John Michael events and my fiancee and I LOVED him! His price was excellent and hopefully the food tastes good. We wont be attending his next tasting till June though :(. However, we met with Arthurs Catering as well, and they are just phenomenal. They are a bit more high end, but the lady we are working with right now is amazing and we even had the chance to sample an appetizer that was just divine. Also their presentation of food was breathtaking! It is going to be such a hard choice to decide!
  • crimsonxskiescrimsonxskies member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just met with Puff n Stuff today. I'm pretty sure we're going to set up a tasting with them.

We contacted John Michael Events over a week ago and no one has contacted us. I'm pretty disappointed, and if this is any indication of the customer service to come, perhaps it's better they don't contact us and waste our time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards