California-Orange County

HELP! Need a park for ceremony/reception in OC?

Hello all,

So I actually live out of the country for Veterinary school.  But I'm going home next week and during my trip have to nail down our venue.  We are looking for a PARK preferably for a chic woodsy southern picnic - without the checks and paper plates. 

Does anyone know of parks in the Orange County area that allows alcohol and music?  Or even a place that rents out it's yard area?  I've been searching for weeks online but I'm terrified that when I go home I won't have a clue where to start. 

A little help please?

Re: HELP! Need a park for ceremony/reception in OC?

• lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, geez this is hard.  I have two suggestions but I don't know if they are what you are looking for.  The first "outdoorsy" spot is the Japanese Garden at CSULB and the second which might be more expensive but also more "southern" is Strawberry Farms (or Fields) in Irvine.  Good Luck!
  • KTAgeeKTAgee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I spend a great deal of our time at Irvine Regional Park. I don't know if they allow alcohol or not, but it's always worth calling and finding out. Don't let the pictures on the website fool you... There are many "group areas" that have picnic tables (some covered areas) that are tucked away in gorgeous areas of the park. A lot of company events happen there. And tons of BBQ's.

EDIT:  This map will probably help best.  http://www.irvineparkrailroad.com/content/irvine-regional-park-map
    July 24, 2010
  • MissMexMissMex member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I 2nd Irvine Park. It's exactly what you are looking for.

Also Bailey's Palomar Mountain Resort on Palomar Mountain would work for what you are looking for too. Its not OC but close. GL.

K+S 9.18.9 | DD #1 age 2 | PG # 5 EDD 9.17.12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards