September 2013 Weddings

FFFC

It's Friday, Friday...

What have you been holding in all week?? Let the flames fly!
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: FFFC

• I know, I know, I KNOW I shouldn't be so selfish, but I am mad at my brother. He got engaged last week and told me they set a date for exactly a month before my wedding. I'm happy for him, I really am, and I know I should just leave it at that, but... Something about it kind of doesn't sit well with me. I think mostly because he said stuff to me like "We did our best to pick a date the furthest from your guys' date," yet went to my mom and asked if she thought I would be mad if they also had a September, '13 wedding (so really, they picked the date closest to September without actually being in September).

Whatever. I'm sure it will all work out. Just kind of rubs me the wrong way...
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mpickl, I don't blame you for being ticked.  Irrational?  Perhaps.  Aggravating?  Definitely!

I flame FI's cousin's new brother-in-law for being a complete douchebag after her wedding and kicking off a huge brawl on the way out of the reception that split the families right down the middle.  I flame FMIL for swinging her cane in an attempt to crush his skull, and FSIL for being so sloppy drunk that she had to be carried/dragged everywhere and doesn't remember much after the 1st dance.  I also have to flame myself for not being above the fray and threatening to break my foot off in the idiot brother-in-law's a$$.  I could seriously go on flaming all day just based off that night!

Good times lol.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • mpic - I can slightly feel you on that one.  one of FI's cousins whom I LOVE got engaged several months after us and are planning to get married two months before us.  Unfortunately about 20 of their family members are from out of state and can only come up once... for their wedding.  Am I a little sad?  yeah but i am really excited they are going to get married.

Tay - holy crappo!  thats crazy!  hopefully things will quiet down.   Booze can do wonders!

Mine:  my boss's dad is annoying the life out of me today.  I have a ton of stuff to get done and he comes in with a big project that has nothing to do with work and he needs it done before noon.  ARGH.  And I cannot stand my boss.  She isn't really a bad person, she is just an entitled, selfish, lazy, smelly, messy, careless woman.  But she pays me really well. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_fffc-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:0980505b-3b5a-4a72-be71-102894d532c8Post:5fd6b573-a1ed-4aa4-a4b9-f8fb381fe749">Re: FFFC</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know, I know, I KNOW I shouldn't be so selfish, but I am mad at my brother. He got engaged last week and told me they set a date for exactly a month before my wedding. I'm happy for him, I really am, and I know I should just leave it at that, but... Something about it kind of doesn't sit well with me. I think mostly because he said stuff to me like "We did our best to pick a date the furthest from your guys' date," yet went to my mom and asked if she thought I would be mad if they also had a September, '13 wedding (so really, they picked the date closest to September without actually being in September). Whatever. I'm sure it will all work out. Just kind of rubs me the wrong way...
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

Don't blame you.  Not totally the same but my two closest cousins got engaged in the following months after us and they are end of july and end of august.  Still drives me nuts.

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mpickl-  I hear ya.  I'd be annoyed too.  Since he's fam he gets the pass.  When it comes down to it the faster you let it go the better you'll feel.  I'm sure it's easier said then done.  Maybe you guys will be able to make the best of it and do some fun double date planning with certain aspects of the wedding??  I don't know, just a suggestion.  (Oh wait I just thought of how it would be if I had to plan with my bro, not pretty at all...)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_fffc-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:0980505b-3b5a-4a72-be71-102894d532c8Post:047fee74-1b53-43d6-b5f2-4bac8fc8005e">Re: FFFC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFFC : Don't blame you.  Not totally the same but my two closest cousins got engaged in the following months after us and they are end of july and end of august.  Still drives me nuts.
    Posted by elliemonster2012[/QUOTE]

<div>My sister got engaged on the same Disney trip that I did. Three days after me. Don't get me wrong, I was happy for her, but irrational side felt jipped out of attention. </div>
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks, ladies! I knew I could count on you for support. Even though my brother and I aren't very close, we're still family, and that will last long after the weddings are over, so I'm not about to do anything that would ruin our relationship or make our family uncomfortable. 

Happy, happy, happy!
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd feel at least a little bit angry if one of my family members got engaged after me and then wanted to get married just before me, not gonna lie.  Of course, my brother and my sister are younger and aren't even seeing anyone...I'm a really quiet person so I'm kinda enjoying the attention. 

I flame red traffic lights.  I don't know why they like me so much, but I just want them to go away.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards