July 2012 Weddings
Options

So frustrated! Why must vendors charge a "per person" fee for everything?

I decided to have someone else set up our centerpieces because I don't want to stress about it on our big day. (it's a splurge) My baker does centerpieces (silk flowers) as well. We decided to use her because she was in budget. I discussed with her what I wanted and she gave me the price. After discusing it with my fi, I told her we wanted to move forward and she said she will e-mail the contract. I just received an e-mail from her saying she charges .50/person for set up (we have to tear down) or 1.50/person for setup/tear down. I'm don't understand why she is charging a person fee. She only setting up the centerpieces. I'm already being charged a per table fee. I'm not sure what my next step is going to be. I'm having a 125 guests. I wil have to pay her around 200.00 for set up. Does this sound reasonable? I'm so overwhelmed! :(

Re: So frustrated! Why must vendors charge a "per person" fee for everything?

• Options

a per person fee makes sense to me if she is setting up their place settings (napkins, plates, silverware, anything else that each guest will have in front of them). it doesn't make sense to have a per person fee for centerpiece set up, when you are already paying her per table. perhaps she was confused about what you wanted her to do? i would give her a call and ask her to clarify this, it seems like there is a disconnect somewhere.

• Options
    I dont think I have heard of a florist who charges a per person fee for centerpieces. Per table, yes. Per person, no. 
    Does she have a different set up fee in place already? Nearly all places do, so maybe this is the way she is choosing to decide her set-up fee, as weird as it may seem. If shes a baker, shes used to charging per person for cakes most likely, and thats just how she translated it. 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nancy00714Nancy00714 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited February 2012
    What exactly would a tear down fee be for flowers?  Is she keeping the center pieces?  And like elizabeth said why would she charge per person for flowers; if I were you I'd clarify this point with her.

Explain to me exactly what has to be torn down and why you would be charged for this if you did it. I'm confused.

Edit: Just read my contract and i'm being charged for set-up and breakdown, too.  But I still don't understand why (or how she can charge you) if you decide to do the breakdown?
    weddingcake-1
  • Options
    This is new to me. I don't understand why there needs to be a charge per person for this.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This is new to me. I don't understand why there needs to be a charge per person for this.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just received another e-mail from her and she waived the fee.
  • Options
    Maybe it was a mistake.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have never heard of a per person fee for centerpieces or flowers. I'd definitely talk to her about that.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    yeah I've never heard of a vendor charging for setting up the centerpieces...I can see how she would charge for the place settings but not for the centerpiece set up!

Glad she waived the fee
  • Options
    That was good that she waived that fee, I never herd of a pp fee for centerpieces
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards