July 2012 Weddings

Speaking of Shower Dresses...

Where is everyone getting your dress for your bridal shower (or RD too!)? I'm leery of ordering online because you never know how a dress will fit or look on you until you try it on. And the mall around here has your typical Macy's, Express, Banana Republic, etc. (no Nordstrom though). So if you gals can give me some suggestions on where to shop that would be very helpful! Thanks!!
Photobucket

Re: Speaking of Shower Dresses...

• BmoreBride311BmoreBride311 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    My shower dress is from BHLDN and my RD dress is from J.Crew. I bought both online, but I shop online all the time and know my size at those stores. Do you have a J.Crew near you? They have more stuff online, but you can return anything that doesn't work out to the physical store, so you don't have to worry about shipping. You could also try places like H&M or Forever 21. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No, we don't have a J. Crew around here either, but I'll try looking there too. I am just very picky about how dresses look on me, because they usually don't look too hot haha, so that's one of the reasons I worry about buying online.
    Photobucket
  • My shower dress is from Kohl's. It was marked down from $110 to $17 and afterwards, I will still be able to wear it again to work so it turned out really well. No RD so no dress is needed for that.
  • I posted this in the other thread, but my shower dress is from Lilly Pulitzer: http://pinterest.com/pin/112801165636538995/

For RD, I'm unsure. I will probably order online, but I'm not that concerned about it because I have to get everything I own tailored anyway. To me, it's not really a big deal for something to not fit right until I get it altered.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We aren't having a RD - because we aren't having a rehearsal.

I hadn't given ANY thought to wearing anything special to the shower at all. I plan on buying some cute summer dresses/outfits for the honeymoon - so I'll probably just wear one of those. Or I'll just rock jeans and t-shirt. I don't remember anybody being real dressed up at any showers I've been to.

I totally dig Body Central and Old Navy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just got a cute dress that I may wear for my shower at JC Penny's. I don't know why you think you can't buy something at the mall. Its the event that makes it special. I didn't want to spend a ton of money on that dress and I will wear it again. I may also look at some sales at local boutiques.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm planning on wearing a dress that i already own if we have a RD. I don't know if I'm having a shower yet. I haven't heard anything but if I do I'll probably wear something I already own to that as well.  New clothes is just not in my budget.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_speaking-of-shower-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:1b721359-2ddb-46f1-bfe7-bdb6ed78d27fPost:84121d29-3b6e-4e66-b7b8-b07c0696f6d2">Re: Speaking of Shower Dresses...</a>:
    [QUOTE]ceglare- YGPM. :)
    Posted by elizabethmae315[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Back atcha!

</div>
    Photobucket
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_speaking-of-shower-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:1b721359-2ddb-46f1-bfe7-bdb6ed78d27fPost:e81850f6-cd59-4eac-8cd4-ed1f7a61f7e7">Speaking of Shower Dresses...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where is everyone getting your dress for your bridal shower (or RD too!)?<strong> I'm leery of ordering online because you never know how a dress will fit or look on you until you try it on</strong>. And the mall around here has your typical Macy's, Express, Banana Republic, etc. (no Nordstrom though). So if you gals can give me some suggestions on where to shop that would be very helpful! Thanks!!
    Posted by ceglare4[/QUOTE]

This! I am having a hard time with that too.
    *~The Future Mrs. Paine~*

*~Planning Bio Updated April 16th~*

image 331 invited image 107 are ready to party image 96 are missing out image 128 can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 30th!
  • I think I may end up ordering online from a store because I have no time to shop in person haha.  Unfortunately department stores aren't open Sunday nights nor are they open 24/7 and right now is my free time to shop.

Anniversary
  • I bet they would have something perfect at White House/Black Market!
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards