New York-Western
Options

tuxedos

its about that time for us to start the tuxedo search, who have you ladies rented from for your groom and groomsmen tuxedos? -thanks! =)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: tuxedos

• Options
    My fiance decided on Men's Warehouse. His tux was totally free, even down to cuff links, pocket square, and two pairs of shoes (he wanted plain black for the ceremony but wing tip for the reception, so they gave him the extra pair free of charge). He also got a deal for $40 off the tuxes for the gents, which was a nice deal. Men's Warehouse has a lot of other coupons and deals when you buy or rent with them, like 50% off coupons, buy one get one coupons, etc. They also match colors very easily to David's Bridal and Alfred Angelo, which is convenient if you get your bridesmaids dresses there.
  • Options
    oh great deal! i will check them out!! thanks!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I used Tuxedo Junction and I'm sorry I did!  My groom, 5 groomsmen, and 2 fathers all had problems at their final fittings and they had to return the day before the wedding to pick-up their tuxes.  Between them all, they used various locations, so it wasn't even one location that was a problem.  I'm not sure who to recommend, but DO NOT go to Tuxedo Junction!
    8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
  • Options
    AGREED! DO NOT GO TO TJ!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    we're going with men's warehouse as well!  Got the same deal as PP above mentioned, plus they were super helpful and PATIENT - dressed and redressed that mannequin like a hundred times! 
    I've never used them but I keep hearing bad things about Tuxedo Junction
  • Options
    Agreeing with PP--Men's Warehouse was super patient and helpful, and VERY knowledgeable about what would go together well and look good on my FI. He was very impressed. He went to the Men's Warehouse in the Galleria Mall, and worked with Tony.
  • Options
    I used Tuxedo Jnc. for my wedding and I didn't have any problems. I imagine it just depends on what else is going on and the luck of the draw. Snooks I wouldn't worry or bother to change it. Hopefully it works out okay.

Also looking back on what my groomsmen/fathers paid to rent a tux I wish I had just caught a buy one get free sale at Men's warehouse or similar store and just had everyone buy a suit. It would have cost about the same and at the end of it they would all of had a new suit. Just another option to consider.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Options
    I used Tuxedo Junction because I booked them at a bridal show and got a great deal and a gift certificate to Pearl Street.  My husband and I had heard lots of horror stories AFTER we booked so when we went in to pick everything out we talked to them about it.  They assured us everything would be fine.  The only problem that we had was that the pocket square was missing from the ring bearer's tux but we figured that no one would notice that.  All in all I didn't have any major problems but I have heard of a lot of people that did.  My husband was in two weddings this past summer as well...one used Men's Warehouse and the other used Marty's Formalwear on Main Street in Williamsville.  On his end, everything was great with those places.  Different places also carry different colors so it would depend on if you want the vest, ties, etc to match perfectly with your bridesmaid dresses.
  • Options
    thanks for all the helpful reviews on the 2 places! i think we will start with mens wearhouse they seem to have a little more of a selection!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are going w/ Tuxedo Junction as well. Like PP I had heard lots of horror stories after we booked but overall so far they have been great. I did mention my concerns to them. They have also been very helpful w/ us having many out of town groomsmen who needed to be measured. I have also heard good things about Men's Wearhouse.
  • Options
    We switched to Tuxedo Junction

Men's warehouse gave us some problems

We got fitted and everything and they were charging us over $150 for a tux!
    That is supposedly after the $40 discount
    Because our wedding party is small they also charged the groom

They also offered us 1 style of tux in each price range (3 tuxes total to chose from) one style of vest, one style of shoes.

We had no choices

So far Tuxedo Junction has worked with us a lot more
  • Options
    i'm going with TJ as well. my plan is to just be super-organized and on top of them to make sure everythnig is done right.  we only have 3 men + FI so at least we dont have to dress a ton of people!
  • Options
    Not a Fan of Men's Warehouse.  Rediculously priced and they were not flexible.  We are using Tuxedo Corner.  Only place that let us try on before we booked and they gave us a rate of $30-50 less then the other places.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards