Florida-West Coast
Options

Davids Bridal

I am having second thoughts about the dress I purchased a few months ago.  I wanted to try on a few other options to decide if it is really the one.  I have been searching online and found quite a few I liked at David's Bridal.  We bought our Bridesmaids dresses at the Kennedy location a few weeks ago and the service was okay, not great.  Our consultant didn't really do much for us, we ended up grabbing different sizes and dresses for ourselves most of the time, but no one really cared that much. 

I guess my real question is if any of you ladies went to both the Tampa and Clearwater location and preferred on over the other.  Thanks for any help you can give me!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Davids Bridal

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The Clearwater one was way nicer than the Kennedy Blvd one... but I still hated both. I couldn't help it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Like Krystal, I went to both locations and wasn't thrilled with either.  However, I preferred the Clearwater one in regards to service and overall experience.  
    Brooke + Chavis
    est. 10/10/10

Photobucket CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input.  Where did you ladies end up purchasing your dresses?  I am only looking to spend $1,000 max including alterations.  I know David's has something in my price range, just wanted to put some feelers out as to where might be a better option.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, there. I live in Chicago and can't comment on the locations, but I can tell you that David's Bridal seems to spend a lot more on photographing their gowns than they do on manufacturing them. By that I mean that they look great online and in the catalog, but they are really not made well once you get them on. I was able to find a nice Mori Lee gown for cheaper that anything in that store. You can also go to consignment bridal shops and find an inexpensive bridal gown that's only been worn once -- or in some cases never been worn at all!

Also, since I went to David's Bridal, I've been called by two anonymous companies claiming my fiance and I have "won" things -- but they will never tell me who they are or how they got my number. Once I Googled the phone number that showed up on my cell and the phrase the first caller used ("a pampering session"), I realized David's Bridal totally sells your info to people like Mary Kay and other national advertisers. That super pissed me off!!!

Be careful with David's!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had Carrie at the Kennedy location and she was awesome.  Though I didn't purchase my dress there, we purchased all of the bride's maid dresses and my undergarmets.  Carrie has been amazing.

I did end up buying my dress at CC's and it was around $850.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_davids-bridal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:62Discussion:e9271098-a6c1-444a-b254-a579c4b6cbe1Post:6e8b28ef-0cf9-42f1-b574-b5fba5b10735">Re: Davids Bridal</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Clearwater one was way nicer than the Kennedy Blvd one... but I still hated both. I couldn't help it.
    Posted by KrystalsKitsch[/QUOTE]

<div>Yep I have to agree with this post, sorry. I liked CCs in St Pete and ended up with a dress from Alfred Angelo. Many other nicer boutiques have prices that are now comparible with DB.</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My first dress experience was at the Kennedy location.  It was a zoo!  The associate helping me was also helping 3 other girls, so I spent most of the time standing around waiting for her to come and help me in/out of the dress.  I was there for almost 4 hours and only tried on 5 dresses.  We did end up getting our BM dresses from the Clearwater location though.

After I left DB, I went to my next appointment at Jon's Bridal in Tampa on Busch.  It was a night and day experience compared to DB.  I had personalized one-on-one attention and was able to go through all the racks of dresses with the associate to pick out ones I liked.  I ended up custom ordering my gown from there.  Once they had my money the service wasn't stellar, but most people buy dresses off the rack there.  So, as long as you do that and use an outside tailor, I would highly recommend Jon's.  You could definitely get a quality gown there for under $1,000.  GL!
    Brooke + Chavis
    est. 10/10/10

Photobucket CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks to all of you!  I knew in the back of my mind I shouldn't go there, just had to hear it from you I guess :)

I have heard some great things about Jon's, my friend bought a dress there and loved it so I think I will start there.

Thanks for all the suggestions and info!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to David's on Kennedy and did not like it. I got my dress at Alfred Angelo and worked with Nikki, she was great! I do not recommend going alterations there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    serive is better at clearwater however i am a plus size bride and they had MUCH more of a selection and I had kerri who was wonderful even tho she was with 2 other ppl! But Cleawater for personal attention!
  • Options
    AshleyDizawnAshleyDizawn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to the one in Orlando and the service was pretty good. My best friend got hers in Tampa and had the alterations done there and the alterlations lady said she looked skanky, said her daughter was bad, etc. It was terrible. This is actually one of the reasons I refused to go to the Tampa store.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards