New York-Long Island

picking a venue

So I'm going a little crazy trying to choose a venue. Just when I think I've narrowed it down more choices are put on my lap. We are looking at East Wind. Has anyone had, or know of any one who has had their weddings there?

Re: picking a venue

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in October; my Aunt got married there 5 years ago and my friend was married there in October. They do a great job, the food is amazing and the price was better than anywhere else we looked. They have a showcase in August that you should consider attending.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey! Fiance's sis got married there in june of 2008. Beautiful and classy is all I gotta say! I'm actually getting married at Giorgio's in June. Don't know if you're still checking some more out, but it's absolutely beautiful too:-)
  • auntie44auntie44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't know much about East Wind, but our recent wedding plans had to be cancelled. As a result, we are "selling out" our $13,000 wedding deposit at the beautiful Thatched Cottage on Long Island's North Shore.

If you are still deciding where to celebrate your wedding, we can offer you $3,000 of our deposit money absolutely free if you book your wedding celebration at The Historical Thatched Cottage.

This well known, highly rated caterer will transfer our entire $13,000 deposit to your new contract with them. This is what would be required:

The total catering cost of your wedding must be equal to or greater than $20,000, including: your cocktail hour, additions such as a Seafood Bar or Sushi Station, dinner entrees, desserts and/or Viennese hour, and any extras you might order such as a piano player, chair covers, etc.

A new catering contract must be signed with The Thatched Cottage and the wedding must occur before June 26, 2012.

Buyer agrees to pay the Seller $10,000 at contract signing with a certified local bank check.

For helping the Seller to get back $10,000 of their wedding deposit, the Seller agrees to award the Buyer at contract signing $3,000 in free deposit money toward their wedding at The Thatched Cottage.

Have a large guest list? This offer would be perfect for you!

Don't hesitate to contact seller directly at kvanbell@optonline.net with any questions. 

• edited December 2011
    im getting married there next october. i loved it and the prices were very reasonable. my maid of honnor got married there and so did a colleague. Their wedding were so beautiful. food is great and they are very nice!
  • edited December 2011
    I was originally looking at East Wind, but for the Same prices about and for more of a private and scenic location in that area you should check out Vineyard Caterers in aquebogue Long Island, they have been more than helpful already and I still have a year to go!!! We are even doing a tasting in two weeks, supossively there food is AMAZING!!! cant wait!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards